• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Park City and and The Big/Little CottonWood Canyons

NESkibum

I am travelling to Park City on Wednesday for 4 days and am looking for some reports as to how it has been over the last few days. The forecast is calling for some freshies over then next few days and my group is really looking forward to it Right now we are looking at 1 day in PCMR & The Canyons and then travelling for a day at Solitude and a day at Snowbird. Any info is much appreciated.:spread:

tirolerpeter

UT report

Current conditions are excellent everywhere. I skied Alta and Snowbird today. We had a good dump earlier this week. The "Powderhounds" had definitely churned things up during this past week, but I was still finding fresh lines through some of the trees. Also, if you were willing to traverse extensively you could still find untracked steeps. We are at over 300 inches total snowfall, and most places have nearly a 100" base. We are expecting a serious dump over Sun/Mon also. Some predictions are as high as 40" in the Wasatch. Looks like you will have a good time. There is one down side to all this. some of the lower elevations might start out as rain. Unfortunately for you, that might include PCMR and The Canyons near the bases. You will likely have better conditions at BCC and LCC. PM me with a contact number and I might hook up with you in LCC some time.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I was out there last week and had a fantastic time. Snow and conditions were superb, some of the best I've seen out there in almost 10 years of skiing utah. We had an awesome day on Monday as they received 17" and the road was closed for a few hours in the a.m. so we had the place to ourselves for at least 2 hours. I was literally choking on the snow as I was skiing.

Looks like another great day today: Here is today's report:

At this time, Alta Ski Area plans to be closed for incoming traffic until after the late morning frontal passage. Around noon we will make a decision about an afternoon road opening. Any cars let into Alta before the scheduled 9:00 am road closure will be lodge guests or employees. We will have 3 lifts open for lodge guests at 9:15.