• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pats Peak AZ Ski Team Week 2 - 1/12/09

skibum9995

Date(s) Skied: 1/12/09

Resort or Ski Area: Pats Peak

Conditions: Soft and Slow

Trip Report:
I showed up later then normal, about 5:30 and meet roark and djspookman in the lodge. I picked up my race pass that I didn't get last week and headed out for some runs. The race was unfortunately on Twister, but the course wasn't as bad as it has been in past years. We all had decent runs. The results are not online yet and the result sheet is in my car so I'll post those once I get out of bed and go get it.

roark

Still no results online.

Scott really stepped it up this week, knocking me out of the top 5 scores for the team. Get some hammerheads pronto! Seth is really solid. spook has it in for me (raw time, tele handicap kills me in points already). ga2ski had a great second run on a rutted green course making every turn tele. I don't believe they got the time right though, he was flawless up top. Good to meet Will, I think he put up some decent times for a single planker.

Competition seems stiffer this year on Mondays.

Vortex

I saw Scott on Sat atSR. The new beard looked like it would effect him on wind resistance.

Ben is nailin it.

I like reading the scores and reports.

djspookman

Last night was fun, once again! As Roark kept mentioning last night, that first run we never seem to go 100%, and should due to the carvibility of the snow.. I only think I pushed 80%.. then second run I got late on the second gate and kept trying to make it up and almost missed the 5th gate (i think), had to skate uphill to make it.. bummers, as it KILLED my time.. BUT, the beer was cold in the pub after, so all was well! :)

Scott had a night and day time difference from last week, WOW. Hammerheads are the bomb-diggity, the harder you beat 'em, the better they perform!

dave