• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pens

drjeff

All the pens at my office end up in the pump truck or roto router truck. If you like I can retrieve some and send them to you. :)

Thanks TC, but I think I'll pass on that offer, as I'm guessing those pens very quickly become "a bit aromatic" :eek: ;)

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
You're in the ballpark there GSS, the low end of the ballpark, but definately in the ballpark

This explains why when my new dentist took over my retiring doctor's practice, she has kept giving out brushes with his name on them for over a year.

Why spend for toothbrushes with your name on them? Why not just go to walmart and get a couple cases of nameless ones? As marketing is part of my job, I just don't see the value in it for dentists. Frankly, I think you guys are just bamboozeled into it. I'm gonna just drool all over it and my hand hides the name anyways.:smash:

Now, a talking toothbrush, that's another thing. "Hi GSS, this is Dr. Jeff. I don't think you flossed today. Please call my office for an appointment." :lol:

drjeff

This explains why when my new dentist took over my retiring doctor's practice, she has kept giving out brushes with his name on them for over a year.

Why spend for toothbrushes with your name on them? Why not just go to walmart and get a couple cases of nameless ones? As marketing is part of my job, I just don't see the value in it for dentists. Frankly, I think you guys are just bamboozeled into it. I'm gonna just drool all over it and my hand hides the name anyways.:smash:

Now, a talking toothbrush, that's another thing. "Hi GSS, this is Dr. Jeff. I don't think you flossed today. Please call my office for an appointment." :lol:

Simply put, for the same price that you can buy that new crest or oral-b toothbrush at Walmart, Crest will sell me, that same brush, toothpaste, floss and the bag to send it home, PLUS give me an incentive plan based on how many brush/floss/paste/bag set-ups I buy for electric toothbrushes, white strips and an additional "points" plan where I can convert the points into gifts/trips, etc.

From a marketing point, yup, not too much in it for us, BUT if we DIDN'T give them out, I guarentee that we'd hear a boat load of gripes from our patients :eek:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I could have sworn my dentist told me that he gets his toothbrushes for free (they're not inscribed or anything). Hmmm...

In any case, I can get them for nearly free. Maybe I should teach you how to coupon and work the systems at Walgreens and CVS. ;)

drjeff

I could have sworn my dentist told me that he gets his toothbrushes for free (they're not inscribed or anything). Hmmm...

In any case, I can get them for nearly free. Maybe I should teach you how to coupon and work the systems at Walgreens and CVS. ;)

Now I just need to figure out how to get about 16,000 a year for free or nearly so ;) (That's what we went through last year between patients and donations to various charitable organizations in my area)

And Sev, if your dentist told you that he gets the brush for nearly free, it's usually because the various manufacturers have a "bundle price" where you say buy the toothpaste + floss and get the brush for free, and then they usually have "special prices" if they're introducing a new toothpaste :rolleyes:

Proctor & Gamble I really like since they make it very easy for me(actually y hygienist's - I just sign the check to pay for it all :rolleyes: ), since within their product stables is/are Crest, Oral B, and Trident, so I can pick + choose what toothbrushes I want, at least a half dozen varieties of toothpaste, a couple of types of floss, sugarless gum, etc, etc, etc. Much, easier than trying to order(and have delivered at the same time) all of the above from different manufacturers!