• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Phresheez Smartphone App

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Jeff,
Check out the forums over there. I think there are some threads on the Storm.

I've e-mailed support a few times (via the website) and they are very fast to respond.
+1. There's a sub-forum specific to Blackberrys. I had an issue with negative altitude and reported it, got a solution within a day.

mlctvt

I loaded this app to my Droid X and used it the first time at Mount Snow Saturday. Worked perfectly and I didn't notice any greater battery usage than normal usage with the GPS function on.

The amount of detail it reports is staggering. Every single run is kept and you can see exactly which trails were taken at what exact time. You can put it in play mode and it shows your exact track. Of course all of the averages and totals are stored as well.
Next time I'm skiing with someone else I'll have to put them in as a friend so we can have some competitions.
Skiing against myself I was the 1 mile , 5 mile and 10 mile Mount Snow champion, yeh!!

Last edited:

Glenn

I got an e-mail from them yesterday. It looks like some of the features will now be in the "premium" version...which is $2.99 a month. Seemed a bit steep to me. IMHO.

Here's a copy and paste from the e-mail:

The Phresheez Pass includes:
Your Trophy Case be the first of your friends to get new trophies. Be on the lookout, new trophies can pop up at any time.

SnowQuest Games Top Dog, Scorched Snow, Slacker, and Long Slog. Competing with your friends on the mountain is a whole new experience!

The Playback Machine see all your SnowQuest game stats as you zip around the mountain. Look for the Scorched Snow icon to see your fastest run on the mountain.
Run Stats the Runs button gives a summary of your runs for the day, including run names, run difficulties, and run-by-run SnowQuest stats.

Monthly and Season Stats only Phresheez Pass holders can see monthly and season stats on the stats page.

No Ads annoying ads disappear.

I guess I'll have to see what goes away when they make the switch. It sounds like it mostly effects the games. I can live with the ads...as long as most of the same info it displays currently still shows up.

jimmywilson69

I've downloaded it but haven't used it yet. I used the Runkeeper app the other day and it did a nice job tracking on my local hill. Since it was designed for running, it doesn't do all of the "ski specific" stuff this app does, but it plotted it on a google earth map and accurately drew my routes and profiles.

WJenness

I'm going to use this app tomorrow.

I've only used it for a couple of runs to this point, so I'm excited to see how it works.

:)

-w

Rushski

Looking forward to trying it out. Still concerned with my Droid Eris's short battery life...

tekweezle

used it to track my 2 days at Killington this past weekend. seems pretty accurate and i like the replay feature.

jimmywilson69

used it today at ski roundtop here in central PA. I am very impressed with this app. Some of the trail names were a little out of date (they got rid of their super pipe and moved some terrain parks arround) but it accurately tracked my skiing for 2 hours. It used approximately 25-30% of my battery life, but It wasn't at 100% when I got there.

If you don't have it, I suggest using it. If you are into techy stuff, of course;-)

puckoach

Jenness, You need a log in to view.

Question, can you integrate this so that you can find your buddies ?

We usually don't ski the same trails at the same times.

Glenn

My "free" version ended the other day. Aside from seeing how I rnk vs buddies, I don't see much difference. Everything that was there before; maps, speed, stats are still in the free version. Although, it did miss a few of my runs today. Maybe that was. GPS issue.

WoodCore

Who's on Phresheez?

Even though it sucks my battery something wicked I'm digging this application for the blackberry. Curious who else is using it.

For those of you who haven't a clue..........check it out, shit is pretty tight! http://phresheez.com/ :fangun::fangun:

WJenness

I'm on: WJenness

Send me a friend request!

I know RootDKJ is as well.

Battery impact on my Droid X hasn't been bad at all...

I'll be giving it a workout at SR this weekend.

-w

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I used it once after the fact, using a Garmin GPS track from my Forerunner. No app for HP Web OS so I haven't used it since.

o3jeff

I'm on it. Root got me into it; he posted a link awhile back.

Same here, i'm o3jeff on that too. Use it every time i'm out now! I have a HTC Evo(Droid) and it does use more battery than normal, but I don't think it's that bad considering the app is running continuously.

bvibert

Staff member
I merged Woodcore's thread into this one to keep all you Phresheez heads together in one spot...

WWF-VT

I'm not a big gadget geek and would never spend time with an app like this. I'd rather have a the memories of a good day followed by a few beers than waste time on a computer worried about my skiing stats.

bvibert

Staff member
I merged Woodcore's thread into this one to keep all you Phresheez heads together in one spot...

I also appear to have inadvertently moved the existing thread from the Gear forum to the Skiing forum... Sorry about that...