• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Pick the date

Pick the date range

• Total voters

2knees

First honest to goodness 12+" widespread storm. when's it gonna happen. And it has to include the majority of the northeast ski areas, southern new england not withstanding.

Greg

Staff member
12/9/2009

I'm optimistic...

Grassi21

anytime between dec 18 and jan 4 is good for me. come on vacation!

wa-loaf

Jan 6 - 12, that way if it happens earlier I'll be happy to be wrong.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I hate to throw a dose of reality in here, but I don't think we'll see anything big until January, based on past history. I'd be interested in Steve's perspective, he has an encyclopedic memory!

2knees

I hate to throw a dose of reality in here, but I don't think we'll see anything big until January, based on past history. I'd be interested in Steve's perspective, he has an encyclopedic memory!

based on past history of this current pattern or past decembers.

cause i dont have enough digits to count the number of blockbuster december storms i've skied in.

bvibert

Staff member
based on past history of this current pattern or past decembers.

cause i dont have enough digits to count the number of blockbuster december storms i've skied in.

There's never been any December storms, they're all in your imagination.

4aprice

I agree with you Bill. Most years it has snowed early we've had some type of warm up around Christmas, putting us back at square one. Right now I'd settle for a good cold snap and snowmaking window. Ideal for down here would be to get all the base snowmaking done and then have it dump. 2006/2007 was a prime example of that and I'd take a repeat if we could get the cold to come in say 2 weeks earlier.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

2knees

I agree with you Bill. Most years it has snowed early we've had some type of warm up around Christmas, putting us back at square one. Right now I'd settle for a good cold snap and snowmaking window. Ideal for down here would be to get all the base snowmaking done and then have it dump. 2006/2007 was a prime example of that and I'd take a repeat if we could get the cold to come in say 2 weeks earlier.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

i'm really confused.....

4aprice

i'm really confused.....

Want to be confused? Read the weather boards and you'll be really confused. Not saying I don't want snow, just not expecting it (in major quantities) early this year. (he says as the chatter picks up that Saturday may be more then advertised last night). Yes we had some early snow last season but it also warmed to 60 degrees during Christmas week. The real gist of what I am saying is a good cold snap would allow areas like Camelback and Sundown to get down a good man made base then a good natural snow season would be the icing on the cake. Outside of a huge dump natural snow is of little use till the snowmaking is complete anyways.

2006/2007 was awesome after the first 2 weeks of Jan. We need a flip like that this year.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Sky

I voted for the Christmas Vaca...22 - 29.

I have absolutley no better reason to vote for that range than the one just before...or just after.

But I'm not "feeling it" for earlier than 22 Dec.

I'm hoping either Jens or I are right.

Go Fast, Don't Crash!