• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Posting from the Throne

ski9

Hmmmm.......I wonder if Petite and Giambi's used needles are in a landfill in PA

Right along with Schilling's and Ortiz'...the Yanks are pretty pathetic as they openly ween themselves from the juice. But look what happens when two key Red Sox juicers go on the DL...SWEPT BY THE RAYS.

The steroid era of baseball sucks, my friend. And taking pride in being a home run champ, Cy Young winner, or World Series champion during it is MEANINGLESS and PATHETIC.

But you go ahead and enjoy the sham. Go ahead and believe MLB testing is working out...the Feds sure don't buy it. BTW, did you notice Beckett's little roid rage bubbling up at ARod? Baseball is freaking grotesque right now...

deadheadskier

Staff member
Right along with Schilling's and Ortiz'...the Yanks are pretty pathetic as they openly ween themselves from the juice. But look what happens when two key Red Sox juicers go on the DL...SWEPT BY THE RAYS.

The steroid era of baseball sucks, my friend. And taking pride in being a home run champ, Cy Young winner, or World Series champion during it is MEANINGLESS and PATHETIC.

But you go ahead and enjoy the sham. Go ahead and believe MLB testing is working out...the Feds sure don't buy it. BTW, did you notice Beckett's little roid rage bubbling up at ARod? Baseball is freaking grotesque right now...

well that was easy

hook.....line......and sinker

you know I lived near Ohiopyle in SW PA for about six months. The amount of garbage dumped in the woods off old logging roads was pretty appalling. I wonder if the pigs from NY/NJ drove six hours to dump it there :???:

ski9

well that was easy

hook.....line......and sinker

you know I lived near Ohiopyle in SW PA for about six months. The amount of garbage dumped in the woods off old logging roads was pretty appalling. I wonder if the pigs from NY/NJ drove six hours to dump it there :???:

Yeah, it would be taking the bait if I currently gave a flying-f*** about juiced baseball. My point of view is that fans need to stand up to to the sh*t going on and say enough is enough. People mocked Canseco and just called him full of sh*t. Turned out he was a lot more honest than anyone else. And his claim of 80% of players juiced was also mocked. I think it hilarious that some fans say roids are bad, it only happens on other teams.

Clemens tossing the broken bat at Piazza was no more of a roid rage than Pedro pointing at his head and screaming at Posado that the next one was going to kill him.

And terrific analogy about how people from your own town illegally dumped garbage. WTF does that have to do with contracted landfills? Rural areas often have a choice of taking their trash to a transfer station, paying somewhere around $3.50 per bag for a pick-up, or using a dump on their own property. Some choose to illegally dump on remote roads. That happens all over America. Heck, Worcester is the old dirty mattress capitol of the world.

Are you done trying to flame me? You aren't very good at it.

deadheadskier

Staff member
wow

....if steeze were here, I think he would say something along the lines of lay of the angry-os and haterade.

relax ski9....we all understand how you feel about baseball and that YOU are right concerning how people should feel about the game. No need to take some mild ribbing, over generalize and go into another diatribe about the game. We got it the first time. No one should be a fan of current baseball and everyone from NY/NJ are pigs. check

okay back on topic........anyone else post from the throne?

ski9

wow

....if steeze were here, I think he would say something along the lines of lay of the angry-os and haterade.

relax ski9....we all understand how you feel about baseball and that YOU are right concerning how people should feel about the game. No need to take some mild ribbing, over generalize and go into another diatribe about the game. We got it the first time. No one should be a fan of current baseball and everyone from NY/NJ are pigs. check

okay back on topic........anyone else post from the throne?

You try to rib someone, then cry because they point out your post was nonsensical? I covered the '84 and '85 Orioles, the '86 Red Sox, the '89 Phillies, then a half dozen years of Yankees and Mets for Gannett. I don't rely on the radio broadcasts---as you suggested--- of the home broadcasts to form my opinions...I formed them from talking to players on a daily basis for years, much of the time sitting around the Yankee Stadium locker room.

But you can believe bloody socks are real and David Ortiz gets his bat speed from beer and wings. It's cool that you have a happy place. But for someone who has loved the game since '69, I sometimes like to speak up about how it needs to get rid of drugs.

It's a pretty classic scenario where a flamer posts crap then tries get the last word in by saying "relax", then makes some reference to the original topic to try and show they weren't really part of the hijack. Not original, but the flamer usual feels like he won something.

deadheadskier

Staff member
....you're right ski9......you're always right

ps. feel free to critique that last comment. classic flamer technique? :roll:

JimG.

Staff member
Well, Dr. S., I certainly do appreciate the fact that you recycle and use a local landfill. It almost makes up for calling me Bozo.

Almost.

My taste would be more along the John Wayne Gacy-type of clown.

Did you know that ex-Senator Jesse Helms and Bozo the Clown, or the actor who played him, both died today?

An interesting coincidence, yes?

Us mods have to choose their thread hijack spots carefully...let's not go off on any political rants now kids.

ski9

Did you know that ex-Senator Jesse Helms and Bozo the Clown, or the actor who played him, both died today?

An interesting coincidence, yes?

Us mods have to choose their thread hijack spots carefully...let's not go off on any political rants now kids.

Bozo died yesterday and who said anything about politics?

And as to hijacking threads, I'm all for keeping on topic when it comes to TR's and gear and lots of other subjects. But is anyone seriously upset about going off topic in a thread about posting while taking a crap? Really?

If so, my deepest apologies to Trekchick....

So.....

I don't post while using the bathroom. And if someone does, I'd suggest they don't share too much.

Moe Ghoul

The closest I come to electronic gear in the can is a cordless or cellphone, but only when I'm calling a vendor or stranger and am stuck on hold with those BS phone menu "Press 1 for......., Press 2 for.........."

JimG.

Staff member
Bozo died yesterday and who said anything about politics?

And as to hijacking threads, I'm all for keeping on topic when it comes to TR's and gear and lots of other subjects. But is anyone seriously upset about going off topic in a thread about posting while taking a crap? Really?

If so, my deepest apologies to Trekchick....

So.....

I don't post while using the bathroom. And if someone does, I'd suggest they don't share too much.

Like I said before, it is a sacred place.

JimG.

Staff member
So you're telling us you pray on the toilet? Why not, right?

No.....

I got involved here only to make a joke about Jesse Helms and Bozo.

And only because you mentioned Bozo.

I was trying to be funny...I guess it was a misplaced effort in such a serious thread.

But like Moe said, in a previous life I barked a few hail marys into the abyss.

ski9

No.....

I got involved here only to make a joke about Jesse Helms and Bozo.

And only because you mentioned Bozo.

I was trying to be funny...I guess it was a misplaced effort in such a serious thread.

But like Moe said, in a previous life I barked a few hail marys into the abyss.

Wow, there's way too much tension goin' on if you feel the need to explain a joke inside a toilet thread. No worries, Jim. I really wasn't accusing you of leading some new cult religion. Not that it would be a bad thing...not for others to judge...