• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Prediction: How many days

Trekchick

I tend to get about 50 days/season on snow, but think that I'll get more like 70 this season as I've changed vocation and location.

I thought it would be interesting to see predictions now and then revisit this thread at the end of the season and see how close we are in our predictions.

Try to make this a serious prediction and not a wish list. :)

Terry

Probably somewhere around 80 days if I stay healthy. I think it is gonna be a fun winter.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Last few seasons I went with 50. This season I decided to really go for it and I am confident that 60 is doable with staying off the DL. Hopefully Ma Nature will cooperate as a lot of it depends on how the weather goes. I get a lot more days in when it snows a lot, especially when its not my busy time at work (unlike this coming week...).

Geoff

I figure I'll end up getting around 80. I really dialed back the November and December skiing this year. Once we get to January, I'll try to grab a couple of hours most days that I don't have business travel.

snowmonster

Financial management, work and travel schedule will conspire to make tis a low ski year for me. I'll be happy to hit 20 days. I plan to compensate by milking each day for all that it's worth. Back to bell-to-bell skiing.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
24 should be definite-ish with working. I would say somewhere around 30 all-together, which is significantly higher than last season's 10.

gorgonzola

my goal every year is to ski my age, so 47 this year. i only got 44 or so in last year, so i guess that makes me feel younger?

deadheadskier

Staff member
my goal every year is to ski my age, so 47 this year. i only got 44 or so in last year, so i guess that makes me feel younger?

That's my goal for retirement

I would LOVE to make that happen during my working years and maybe I'll get lucky in future employment that would allow for that.

Actually, at 35, I might just be able to eek that out this year. Only 7 more days than my goal. :daffy:

ZYDECORICH

20 at home and then 5 to 7 north (okemo,kmart,or stowe most likely) if all goes well. that doesn't always happen. would like to try magic and go back to pico for old college day nostalgia.. new life... probably not. f work lets go for 40!!!