• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

PSA Magic closed (temp)

pepperdawg

From todays snow report.

<<Magic Mountain will be closed on Thursday, February 26 and possibly Friday, February 27 as we fix a mechanical issue with the Red Lift. The necessary parts have been ordered and we are awaiting their arrival on Thursday morning. We fully expect to be reopened by Saturday, February 28 at the latest. Stay tuned to the snow report for details.
>>

anyone have more info?

sledhaulingmedic

Oddly enough, I was on the phone with a couple of friends from the Magic patrol when the lift went down. I did not get the scoop on what exactly broke. It did sound like the ops guys were expecting a busy day today but expect to have it back up for the weekend.

MR. evil

Oddly enough, I was on the phone with a couple of friends from the Magic patrol when the lift went down. I did not get the scoop on what exactly broke. It did sound like the ops guys were expecting a busy day today but expect to have it back up for the weekend.

2knees and I were there yesterday when it went down, he was actually on the lift and had to be evac'd. We were told it was an issue with the safety brake.

bvibert

Staff member
Seems strange that they couldn't open with the black lift, unless it's having problems as well.

I hope Magic is able to get their lift issues resolved soon!

roark

Black hasn't run this year. There are some some vague mentions of work being done in the alpine update ("Work continues on the Black Lift").

2knees

When chris and i were there on friday, we saw someone working on the last tower before the unloading station of the black lift. it would be nice to get it up and running as the red chair seems to be having problems on a semi-regular basis.

Magic rocks. maybe we need to setup a donation to upgrade the red chair. i'll put in $50.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
When chris and i were there on friday, we saw someone working on the last tower before the unloading station of the black lift. it would be nice to get it up and running as the red chair seems to be having problems on a semi-regular basis.

Magic rocks. maybe we need to setup a donation to upgrade the red chair. i'll put in $50.

If magic has a cash flow issue, what about if they offered us advance sale tickets in the summer (like we do with clubs and skivt) at a discount. We both win. They get money early when they need it, we get a good deal. That also locks us die-hards into going!

bvibert

Staff member
If magic has a cash flow issue, what about if they offered us advance sale tickets in the summer (like we do with clubs and skivt) at a discount. We both win. They get money early when they need it, we get a good deal. That also locks us die-hards into going!

They already do. You just have to buy 8 weekend tickets at a discounted price at one time, any more than 8 are free. It's called a season pass.

frozencorn

Magic rocks, but the chairlift situation can be downright maddening.

2knees

doesnt help them next year when they arent getting the cash flow to pay their bills.

no, i'm talking about a donation. pony up everyone.