• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

ZYDECORICH

Ya know after trying all the tans, lagers,pilsners,lights,stouts,reds,high alc content and Weiss, I decided, instead of paying upwards of 10 bucks a six to try low priced varieties.
I have only tried a few so far but one that has caught my taste is Ballantine Ale. It's light with a nice ale taste, cold crisp and clean, plus you get a word puzzle in every bottle cap. Not bad for about 5.25 a six.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
At the tap takeover, I tried:

Hooker Munson's Chocolate Truffle Stout
Hooker Munich
Hooker Hop Meadow (IPA)
Hooker Liberator
Hooker Nor'Easter
Hooker Imperial Stout

I have not had a Hooker I didn't like. ;) But the star of the night was the Munson's Chocolate Truffle Stout. YUM.

ctenidae

Ya know after trying all the tans, lagers,pilsners,lights,stouts,reds,high alc content and Weiss, I decided, instead of paying upwards of 10 bucks a six to try low priced varieties.
I have only tried a few so far but one that has caught my taste is Ballantine Ale. It's light with a nice ale taste, cold crisp and clean, plus you get a word puzzle in every bottle cap. Not bad for about 5.25 a six.

Wow- Ballantine. Old school malt liquor there, before malt liquor was cool.

Trader Joe's cheap beers are usually pretty good as far as they go as well.

playoutside

Stone More Brown than Black - A collaboration between the folks at Stone and the Brewmaster at The Alchemist! An IPA with 7.5% ABV -was apparently only 3 barrels were sent to New England and 1 ended up at Mount Snow's Station Taproom! :) :beer: Starts off nice and hoppy with a very smooth finish that lingers with a slight bitter, almost floral like taste similar to a Harpoon IPA to my taste buds! Tasty enough that i'm about to order pint #2! ;)

I picked up several bottles of this and have to agree it was quite good. I need to find more. I had to go to 3 stores to find any the first time around. Hope they make some more!

ZYDECORICH

Wow- Ballantine. Old school malt liquor there, before malt liquor was cool.

Trader Joe's cheap beers are usually pretty good as far as they go as well.

Yeah, but it's not a Malt Liquor just an Ale. I figured why the hell not, lets try a few. I was pleasantly surprised. Our parents (or grandparents depending on your age) couldn't be wrong all the time. I have to try the Trader Joe's.

ZYDECORICH

AH HAH!! Got A new one... I think... The guy at the liquor store just informed me of the new Sierrra Nevada Ruthless Rye.. He said he just got it in and that It's new for the spring. Got a six. Pretty good, subtly peppery... as the label describes..with a citrus flavor from whole - cone hops( the f___kin descriptions on some of these bottles) ... to create a complex ale for the tumultuous transition to spring. So far this season has been anything but that.I love their products for the most part. This is not a bad addition. Give it a whirl.

drjeff

AH HAH!! Got A new one... I think... The guy at the liquor store just informed me of the new Sierrra Nevada Ruthless Rye.. He said he just got it in and that It's new for the spring. Got a six. Pretty good, subtly peppery... as the label describes..with a citrus flavor from whole - cone hops( the f___kin descriptions on some of these bottles) ... to create a complex ale for the tumultuous transition to spring. So far this season has been anything but that.I love their products for the most part. This is not a bad addition. Give it a whirl.

They tapped a keg of this on Saturday at Mount Snow's StationTaproom on Saturday. Very drinkable to my palate. It was a very nice "filler" between the Harpoon 100 Barrel series Spruce Tip Ale and the BBC Drayman's Porter I had on either side of the SN ;) :beer:

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I do believe this is my favorite beer of all time. Drink it if you can!!

6782015104_f7a1472410_z.jpg

BackLoafRiver

@Marcski - Zoe is delicious. Also one of my favorite beers.

Picked up a six pack of Amber Road by Baxter Brewing. It is their take on a Red Ale. For those who missed the post on Baxter, they are a small brewery out of Lewiston that only has 3 beers - The Stowaway IPA, Pamola Pale Ale, and Amber Road. (which is new) All three are canned instead of bottled and pretty regularly available in any Maine store.

The Amber Road is much better than I was expecting - it's hoppy for a red. Very drinkable but after two, I needed something different. Not as much bite as the Stowaway (which is one of my favorite IPA's) but significantly more flavorful than the Pamola. (which I found boring)

marcski

@Marcski - Zoe is delicious. Also one of my favorite beers.

Picked up a six pack of Amber Road by Baxter Brewing. It is their take on a Red Ale. For those who missed the post on Baxter, they are a small brewery out of Lewiston that only has 3 beers - The Stowaway IPA, Pamola Pale Ale, and Amber Road. (which is new) All three are canned instead of bottled and pretty regularly available in any Maine store.

The Amber Road is much better than I was expecting - it's hoppy for a red. Very drinkable but after two, I needed something different. Not as much bite as the Stowaway (which is one of my favorite IPA's) but significantly more flavorful than the Pamola. (which I found boring)

Nice, I will try and find Baxter down here and checkout the Stowaway and the Amber Red.

The Zoe (and Maine Beer Co. In general, I've had one other, the Mean Old Tom but I didn't like it as much, them again I am not a big stout fan) is quite hard to find down here. Luckily there is a LBS with an incredible selection near me. I had a few growlers when they had a keg of Zoe a few months ago and fell in love and they just got the 16.9 bottles in, which are quite pricey I may add! But so yum!

marcski

Just poured my 2nd glass of a growler of Clown Shoes, Super Hero IPA. Very tasty. Full-bodied yet not overpowering. A respectable 7.2% I think. LBS has had a keg for growlers for almost 2 weeks. I've already had 2 growlers and filled another 2 this evening. Also picked up another couple of bottles of that Maine Beer Co. Zoe. and a Sixpoint IPA, which is on the mellower side, but good for a weekday night.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Ten Penny Ale from Olde Burnside Brewing Company in East Hartford. Forgot about that growler in the fridge. Now that I've found it, it won't last long!

marcski

Troeggs Nugget Nectar. Really good out of a growler I had in the fridge for a week.

Fruity bouquet. Smooth on the tongue with a nice hoppy finish.

Extremely drinkable at 7.5%. I'm on the 2nd pint of a 3 pint growler. Starting to feel a nice head.

Last edited:

snoseek

Coors banquet and some wings. 5%, smooth drinking, crisp, clean finish. Fucking delicious!!!!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
In the same glass?

Where do you find Yuengling in new england? I can't recall if I've ever seen it in MA. Althought I might not have been looking.