• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Random Beers

kickstand

Where do you find Yuengling in new england? I can't recall if I've ever seen it in MA. Althought I might not have been looking.

You can't. Either NY or NJ is the furthest northeast you'll find it. My father in law lives in PA, so I grab some every time we go down. I think I still have a case in the garage somewhere.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Berry Lemonade.
564580_3649873924126_1192821543_33670004_809966029_n.jpg

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I'm also not a big fan of fruity beer.

I'm overdue to brew a new batch. I have to run out at lunch, maybe I'll swing by Strange Brew in Marlboro and pick up some supplies.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
That does not seem appetizing. If I want alcoholic lemonade id much rather just dump vodka in it..

It's delicious. Summer Shandy is a great breakfast beer. I have over two cases of it (saving it for a heat wave). I prefer Blackbeary Wheat over Berry Weiss but it works well with this combo. I love fruit/wheat beers. :beer:

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I'm not a big fan of wheat or berried beers either. Just me though. It's all good.

Anybody ever have Peeper's Ale out of Maine Beer Co.? Picked up a couple of growlers of it this weekend. And, my LBS also got another keg of the Nugget Nectar so I picked up a big growler of that as well. And then somekind of a nut-brown. And of course, a few six's of my staple, goto brew, Long Trails' Double Bag. I spent over $100 on beer and ice cream Saturday! :).

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
I'm not a big fan of wheat or berried beers either. Just me though. It's all good.

Anybody ever have Peeper's Ale out of Maine Beer Co.? Picked up a couple of growlers of it this weekend. And, my LBS also got another keg of the Nugget Nectar so I picked up a big growler of that as well. And then somekind of a nut-brown. And of course, a few six's of my staple, goto brew, Long Trails' Double Bag. I spent over $100 on beer and ice cream Saturday! :).

I drank my last Nugget Nectar last night. I went to a different liquor store yesterday and to my surprise they had 3 boxes of Triple Bag left. Mine now 8)

marcski

I drank my last Nugget Nectar last night. I went to a different liquor store yesterday and to my surprise they had 3 boxes of Triple Bag left. Mine now 8)

Nice. 13.99 a six pack for the nugget nectar near me. That's pricey IMHO. Growlers were 9.99 for a 32z and 17.99 for a 64z.). Nothing like fresh draught beer!

And, while I do enjoy the triple Bag, I think I kind of agree with Rivercoil now (we had a brief discussion pages back in this thread) that it loses the smoothness that makes the doublebag so enjoyable and easy to drink (esp for a 7.2%er).

ctenidae

Wagon Ryed, Wynkoop Brewery, Denver
Nice beer- deep deep red, slight hippy tang and a hunt of chocolate malt. Session beer. I'm at the Ghost Plate in Denver, with a couple dozen taps. Could be a long night...

ctenidae

Wynkoop Railyard Ale. Light amber, low hope, slightly sweet. Interesting peachy taste in the black, kind of like a Magic Hat No. 9.
Tasty.

Also tasted the Cowtown Milk Stout by Wynkoop- quite sweet, caramely, not a good next beer from the Wagon Ryed.

BackLoafRiver

Anybody ever have Peeper's Ale out of Maine Beer Co.? Picked up a couple of growlers of it this weekend.

Yup. I like it. I think I prefer Zoe but the couple times I've had it, it was quite good. They did a beer tasting a month ago at the local store and it was all Maine brews. Maine Beer Company is pretty spot on. They brew an IPA that I haven't seen at all. (Lunch IPA)

While in Mass this weekend, I stopped by a corner store that advertised "Largest Craft Beer Selection in the Area". Sure enough, their selection was awesome. I found 3 different brews by Lagunitas that I was DYING to try. Ended up with their IPA which is one of my top 5 favorite IPA's. Sadly, they don't distribute in Maine.

wa-loaf

Wagon Ryed, Wynkoop Brewery, Denver
Nice beer- deep deep red, slight hippy tang and a hunt of chocolate malt. Session beer. I'm at the Ghost Plate in Denver, with a couple dozen taps. Could be a long night...

Wynkoop Railyard Ale. Light amber, low hope, slightly sweet. Interesting peachy taste in the black, kind of like a Magic Hat No. 9.
Tasty.

Also tasted the Cowtown Milk Stout by Wynkoop- quite sweet, caramely, not a good next beer from the Wagon Ryed.

Actually doing any skiing out there?

marcski

Yup. I like it. I think I prefer Zoe but the couple times I've had it, it was quite good. They did a beer tasting a month ago at the local store and it was all Maine brews. Maine Beer Company is pretty spot on. They brew an IPA that I haven't seen at all. (Lunch IPA)

You mean this?:

6900449030_b29dd64e09_z.jpg

Very tasty, but IMHO, not as special as the Zoe. The Zoe could very well be my favorite beer.

While in Mass this weekend, I stopped by a corner store that advertised "Largest Craft Beer Selection in the Area". Sure enough, their selection was awesome. I found 3 different brews by Lagunitas that I was DYING to try. Ended up with their IPA which is one of my top 5 favorite IPA's. Sadly, they don't distribute in Maine.

I, Too, am a big fan of the Lagunitas IPA. Definitely one of my favorite IPA's, along with the RacerX and some others.

ctenidae

Got a 12 of Session Lager. Perfect name, not a bad beer- maybe a bit too sweet. Cool stubby bottle, and Rock Paper Scissors in the cap.

soposkier

Got a 12 of Session Lager. Perfect name, not a bad beer- maybe a bit too sweet. Cool stubby bottle, and Rock Paper Scissors in the cap.

Ive been tempted to buy that the last few times in the liquor store, but usually decide to go with the standbys I know I will like.

twinplanx

You mean this?:

6900449030_b29dd64e09_z.jpg

Very tasty, but IMHO, not as special as the Zoe. The Zoe could very well be my favorite beer.

I, Too, am a big fan of the Lagunitas IPA. Definitely one of my favorite IPA's, along with the RacerX and some others.

I returned a bunch of bottles, 6 of 'em were Lagunitas IPA, and picked up a big bottle of Bear Republic Racer 5, for a grand total of -11¢ :) I'll keep looking for RacerX, but Racer 5 did not let me down...