• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

RV Parking at NE resorts?

dartmouth01

Hi all,

I'm a first time poster, been a lurker for a while. I tried to do a search for this topic, but didnt find anything. Sorry if its a re-hash, and feel free to flame me/direct me to old threads.

I picked up a 5th wheel camper this summer, and am considering using it during the ski season, weather permitting (ie if there is no major snowstorms predicted during time of travel). I heard and have read online that alot of ski mountains will allow you to park in their lots overnight. Anyone ever heard of this/have experience? Any mountains to avoid, and to favor? I'm busy winterizing the camper, and will be trying it out on a few cold nights before we venture out, to test all the systems, but i'm looking forward to giving it a shot!

Thanks in advance! - AL

Black Phantom

Sugarloaf used to have an RV lot with hookups. I have not been up there in some time ~10 years ago. At that point, they were the only NE ski area I was aware of that provided that service.

I know that Kirkwood has a great area for campers/RV's. :cool:

Good luck.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Loaf's RV lot is gone essentially replaced by condos. My family did an RV trip their when I was younger. I went back and checked it out during the first AZ Summit. Bummer but I understand Loaf can make a lot more money off folks booking condos rather than parking an RV.

salsgang

I remember a couple of years ago Saddleback made some noise about creating an RV park but I don't think it ever really happened. I have seen a pickup truck camper in the parking lot from time to time but probably not room for a 5th wheeler. Would be awesome if resorts would push this more but agree condos are probably a lot more profitable.

SIKSKIER

Cannon has 7 RV sites located in the Echo Lake parking lot.They have full hook-ups but not in the winter season so you must be self contained.Price is $29-$35.

dartmouth01

Sweet, thanks for the input guys. I'm planning on being able to dry camp, but hookups are always a nice plus. I'll keep you guys posted on how things go!

SkiDork

I believe Killington allows you to park in the upper snowshed lot, but there are no hookups.

dartmouth01

Not sure why this post was bumped but we plan on trying it after the holidays and will report back how it goes....

Kerovick

I bumped it because I wanted to. It's the internet I can do what ever I want!

Anyone have any info about RV parks or boondocking spots that are open year round near Wisp, Seven Springs, Camelback or Snowshoe?

twinplanx

I bumped it because I wanted to. It's the internet I can do what ever I want!

Anyone have any info about RV parks or boondocking spots that are open year round near Wisp, Seven Springs, Camelback or Snowshoe?

Take it easy Scrappy !! if you had included the 2nd paragraph of your 2nd post, instead of just "bump"ing, that would of been a less offensive way of highjacking the thread... just sayin'

Kerovick

Simmer down there wipper snappers!

I wouldn't necessarily call it a hijack. It is about RV partking at resorts. Granted the Northeast bit is kinda of a stretch. I guess it would be more of a Mid-atlantic type of area.

And Twinplanx there is nothing wrong with bumping a thread so that new people can see it and contribute. Every forum I have ever been on does it. It is normal and not considered offensive at all.

Black Phantom

Simmer down there wipper snappers!

I wouldn't necessarily call it a hijack. It is about RV partking at resorts. Granted the Northeast bit is kinda of a stretch. I guess it would be more of a Mid-atlantic type of area.

And Twinplanx there is nothing wrong with bumping a thread so that new people can see it and contribute. Every forum I have ever been on does it. It is normal and not considered offensive at all.

Rack It Kid Rock!!!

What kind of rig do you have?

Kerovick

1989 Istaca Spirit, Just bought it in September 40K on the clock

:)

Black Phantom

1989 Istaca Spirit, Just bought it in September 40K on the clock

:)

Sick dude! You could be the Shazam of skiing. :cool:

1winnebago.jpg