• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Area Food Prices

Wavewheeler

The prices look about right. $9 for chicken nuggets! I wonder how many you get?

I love eating at Killington. Not only do they have those tasty waffle stands that are open midweek (unlike the one at Hunter) but the Killington Summit Lodge has some incredible food..healthy too. You can even get sushi, salads and some great turkey chili. :) No, it's not cheap but at least it's good. I also love the Empanada stand they have between the Skyeship gondola and Needles Eye lift...those things are awesome!

At Hunter, I often eat a big breakfast in town or grab a breakfast sandwich at the Lodge (they make it to order) and then sustain myself with Cliff or Kind bars and some cheese sticks that I carry on me. I'll stop mid-day and have some chili, which isn't bad at all. Chili is my favorite "ski food".

Usually with a beverage and light food the cost is around $10 for a meal. Not bad. I never eat fried junk food in general.

steamboat1

I also love the Empanada stand they have between the Skyeship gondola and Needles Eye lift...those things are awesome!
Anna's Empanada's is not there anymore, they are located in the Snowshed base lodge now. Phat Italian built a larger eating hut at needles but it has yet to open. Rumor mill is that K plans on putting toilets in at needles. Guess they'll need them after eating Phat's

Last edited:

Wavewheeler

Anna's Empanada's is not there anymore, they are located in the Snowshed base lodge now. Phat Italian built a larger eating hut at needles but it has yet to open. Rumor mill is that K plans on putting toilets in at needles. Guess they'll need them after eating Phat's

Haven't been to K since last March. At least the Empanada's are still at the mountain but to just stick them in the Lodge..I'd hope they haven't lost anything or become mass produced. I rather liked sitting outside and munching on them before heading up to Skye Peak.

Italian food is nothing special to me. I've seen Phats from the Access Road and have never bothered to stop. I live in in a part of the world that is filled with great Italian food so I'm not easily impressed...but I love those little empanadas and the chocolate covered waffles!

steamboat1

Italian food is nothing special to me. I've seen Phats from the Access Road and have never bothered to stop. I live in in a part of the world that is filled with great Italian food so I'm not easily impressed..!
I live in Brooklyn. We have everything in spades. You wanna talk about Italian food?

Actually my wife is the best Italian cook, fresh & natural.

She learned from the best.

Last edited:

VTKilarney

Hmm... Now that I looked at the photo those prices are higher than I recalled when I ate in the cafeteria about four weeks ago. I thought that wraps were about $7.50 or thereabouts. In the photo they are $9.00. My son recalls that a slice of pizza was $3. The photo says $3.75.

Did they raise prices for vacation week or something?

jimmywilson69

Stowe's Spruce Camp Lodge has some excellent healthy options, that aren't that much higher priced than that typical "lodge fair".

hammer

Does that $7.50 only include the hamburger?

Only ski resort where I really felt like I was getting my money's worth for the food (relatively speaking) was Deer Valley.

Ski area food prices are getting crazy, they are worse than theme parks...that said, I still only pack my own lunch about half of the time. Sometimes I just feel like a burger or a bowl of chili.

ScottySkis

Hunter same as regular deli any where and good stuff. Scottiese food not as good but still like the place for some reason.

C-Rex

This is why I never eat in cafes at mountains. Like at Mount Snow, I'd rather go into 1900' Burger or Cuzzins. For a couple bucks more I'll get higher quality food, sit down service, good booze, and I won't have someone's kids bumping into me every 3 seconds. Totally worth the money. Of course, most of the time I just bring some trail mix and a Clif Bar, and eat those while drinking a beer for lunch. I'm not one for long breaks.

SkiRaceParent

Hmm... Now that I looked at the photo those prices are higher than I recalled when I ate in the cafeteria about four weeks ago. I thought that wraps were about $7.50 or thereabouts. In the photo they are $9.00. My son recalls that a slice of pizza was $3. The photo says $3.75.

Did they raise prices for vacation week or something?

Here we go again. Take a deep breath.

Rutecki

There's an easy solution to high food prices at ski resorts...pack your own. Not trying to be an a-hole, but food prices at mountains have always been higher. You're paying for convenience.

C-Rex

There's an easy solution to high food prices at ski resorts...pack your own. Not trying to be an a-hole, but food prices at mountains have always been higher. You're paying for convenience.

I wouldn't call you an A-hole for pointing out the obvious solution. This is why I've grown to love riding with a pack. I never need to go into the lodge unless it's to get a beer or dump a grumpy. I usually carry water, snacks/lunch, an extra layer or space to shed one, spare lens, tools, and maybe a spare pair of gloves. Even with all that, I forget I even have it on. Although, I will admit I had a few instances where the weight made it hard to pop up from a sitting position with my board on.

Rutecki

I wouldn't call you an A-hole for pointing out the obvious solution. This is why I've grown to love riding with a pack. I never need to go into the lodge unless it's to get a beer or dump a grumpy. I usually carry water, snacks/lunch, an extra layer or space to shed one, spare lens, tools, and maybe a spare pair of gloves. Even with all that, I forget I even have it on. Although, I will admit I had a few instances where the weight made it hard to pop up from a sitting position with my board on.

Ditto. Although I did ski without my pack in January at Jay Peak (we rented a ski in/out condo) and it was nice.

dlague

Stowe's Spruce Camp Lodge has some excellent healthy options, that aren't that much higher priced than that typical "lodge fair".

The cafeteria in that building is expensive. My wife, son and I skied there last year and bought a fancy grilled cheese, a burger w/fries (which we split) and a candy bar for my son and it cost $32 - I had a rant about this last year.

Those prices are not that bad. I find the prices at Jay Peak to be decent as well. There has been discussion about healthy options. Very few cafs provide those options. I find if you order at a sit down pub or restaurant at a ski area you can find those options. Personally, on the weekends, I do not worry about it and eat what appeals to me at the time. I eat healthy during the week. I shock my system on the weekends! :beer:

It was just a matter of time before this conversation would surface!