• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski journalism

jaytrem

I could swear I saw Indy posting the "war" quote in its Facebook page. Seems to be gone now.

Very disappointed in Indy, much of that due to the timing. Would be a little more okay with it if they gave some advance notice. They going to battle the freedom pass and powder alliance next?

Bosco DaSkia

That’s 33 ski days that indypass robbed has from me so far, and they’re trying their hardest to take away more. Giving independent ski areas ultimatums after contracts have been signed and marketing budgets have been spent is pure bullshit. Especially seeing as reciprocal passes are specifically allowed under the current contract and that indypass isn’t even on sale anymore. How can Ski Cooper possibly affect the sales of a product that is already sold out?

I won’t be buying an indy pass again and fuck stuart’s journal too…

Last edited:

cdskier

Has anyone here read Dan Egan's or Chris Diamond's books?

Read both of Chris Diamond's books. They're excellent.

Looks like Stuart was able to gin a pass war after, all as indy pass starts to kick ski cooper allied ski areas off of their products…

Thanks, Stuart.

Yea...Indy just took a serious step in the wrong direction. "We want to help independent ski areas thrive, but also we want to tell those independent mountains what is best for them..." Definitely a dickhead move.

2planks2coasts

Yea...Indy just took a serious step in the wrong direction. "We want to help independent ski areas thrive, but also we want to tell those independent mountains what is best for them..." Definitely a dickhead move.
That might be the best summary of their actions I've read yet. Nicely put.

BenedictGomez

I mean, the Ski Cooper thing is a total roundabout hack on cheap skiing. I remember the first year of it some years back being posted here in the S.O.T.C. thread & a whole discussion about it. The buy the Ski Cooper season pass, and you never actually ski Ski Cooper thing. LOL

Bosco DaSkia

i'm sure some folks are doing that, especially after stuart went out of his way to promote it as a national ski pass. as for me and the folks i know personally, we usually get at least 4-6 days a year at cooper itself. more in some years and less on others. depends on where the snows go. i really do like skiing there though. the front and middle have great cruising with excellent views and the steeper stuff off the back on the new t-bar is a fuckin' blast. definitely looking forward to my next swing through leadville.

2planks2coasts

i'm sure some folks are doing that, especially after stuart went out of his way to promote it as a national ski pass. as for me and the folks i know personally, we usually get at least 4-6 days a year at cooper itself. more in some years and less on others. depends on where the snows go. i really do like skiing there though. the front and middle have great cruising with excellent views and the steeper stuff off the back on the new t-bar is a fuckin' blast. definitely looking forward to my next swing through leadville.

Yeah. Cooper is awesome. Had a couple of pow days there just by dumb luck. A foot of fresh, I show up right before opening and I'm only 10 back from the chair. No crowds at all. A fun pub. I realize that it may be heresy to say, but I'll take the Cooper combo of Loveland, Cooper, Monarch and Sunlight over the Epic/Ikon mountains any week.

machski

I was going to say that. Stuart tabulating all the actual pass and pseudo pass options is kind of doing some of these companies analyzing the competition work for them.

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Where's Bushmogulmaster for comment?

Sorry guys. Not something I'm going to comment on online at the moment. You will hear more from Cooper via official avenues. Meanwhile, I'm definitely here enjoying the various perspectives.

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four