• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski journalism

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Both Chris Diamond books are excellent but the new one was really interesting because it covered the rise of the multi-resort pass. Sad to hear of his passing back in January.
I will, however, comment on this. Chris's books are fantastic and his perspective is incredibly valuable. He was also a gentleman and a scholar. I had the honor of receiving my humble "Groomer of the Year" award by his side in 2015 when he earned CSCUSA's Lifetime Achievement Award. He was a colleague of my father's back in the Pres Smith days, when dad was the Bear Mountain Manager at Killington and Chris was at Mount Snow. They spoke regularly to compare notes. Chris's experience in the real world of ski resort operations and management was second-to-none. And the guys he--and my father--worked with and learned from in the heyday in Vermont were real pioneers (and characters!) - Pres Smith, Hank Lunde, Leo Denis, Foster Chandler, Dave Wilcox, Wayne Smith, and so many others. They laid a lot of the foundation of what today's ski industry looks like. Long story short: read his books.

Last edited: