• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown - 2/28/2008

SKidds

Just a little prognosticating, and now the thread will be in place for the reports to come this weekend...........

I bet little Sundown has the best skiing in all the Northeast this weekend. Sure, a couple of days of 50 degree temps and some rain will beat the place up a bit, but some Sunday/Monday snow will make for a quick recovery.

The weekend should bring great spring skiing conditions and nice soft bumps. The good thing is that temps at Sundown are forecast to stay above freezing from now right through the day on Saturday. So while mountains anywhere to the north drop into the 20's or below Friday night and stay below freezing Saturday, freezing up to an unpleasant "firmness", Sundown will stay nice and soft.

Looks like we are bagging the idea of heading North this weekend, and my first visit to Sundown may be in the cards for Saturday. It would be my pleasure to help you guys ski the Gunbarrel bumps in..........

Greg

Staff member
Ha! I'm actually heading to Killington this weekend to ski the FRGR. No biggie - it's a family trip and more for the kids. Might try to hit Sundown Sunday evening depending on when we get back though. Have fun Saturday. I think it might shape up to be some epic bump skiing. I'm hitting Sundown tomorrow though; might be a little showery, but warm temps will equal soft mashed potato bumps!

2knees

bro brah.....I'll be there saturday. wife and kids are out of town and there is no sense in going north to ski frozen crapular.

Enjoy killington Greg. sharpen those edges.

sccrrraaaappppeeee!!!!!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
That's why I've been dragging my feet this morning. 28* temps after all that rain didn't sound like it would make for stellar conditions... Totally forgot about the S.O. until you mentioned it.

Maybe I'll just go for a run and meet you guys tonight instead.

o3jeff

o3jeff-albums-misc-picture228-img00018.jpg

Taken a little before 10 am. Also the Ex bumps are gone:cry:.

2knees

holeeee shiiiiiit

that just put a chill down my spine.

i'll take a drive out there around 1:00. if they look like that from the parking lot, i'm just gonna turn around. it is supposed to get up to close to 40 today with alot of sunshine.

MR. evil

holeeee shiiiiiit

that just put a chill down my spine.

i'll take a drive out there around 1:00. if they look like that from the parking lot, i'm just gonna turn around. it is supposed to get up to close to 40 today with alot of sunshine.

If they somehow get softer and you end up skiing give me a call or send me a txt. If they are worth it I may come out for a few hours.

2knees

If they somehow get softer and you end up skiing give me a call or send me a txt. If they are worth it I may come out for a few hours.

will do, but dont hold your breath. its only 34 degrees here in wethersfield. and i'm at like 20 feet above sea level.

o3jeff

I wouldn't hold your breath but who knows what the sun will do to it. It was about 30 when I left there around 10 and here in Southington it is only 36 now. The cord was really hard that after you edged over it it still looked like fresh cord.

2knees

Still 32* here in T-town. Not looking like it's going to be a big warm-up any time soon. :(

i have my keys in my hand and my jacket on but i cant pull the trigger. I just went outside and i just dont know.....

but it gets so much sun that i have a sliver of hope it'll at least be skiable now. gotta go now or it'll be too late. decisions........