• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing App for calculating vertical feet

Madroch

Have both alpine replay and and skitracks loaded -never used either and not sure which is better for a 4 s (3 g)- will try AR today at sundown Corey-

planb420

Used AR today at sundown...verdict is AWESOME! MAX SPEED: 42MPH
VERT DROP: 6.1K TOTAL DISTANCE: 8.8 MILES and much more, gonna love this thing!

Madroch

Used both AR and ski tracks today- ski tracks was more accurate in vert- AR more features. AR More accurate with just about everything else from what I could tell.

Glenn

Is Phresheez stopping tracking after two hours now on the free version?

jimmywilson69

Is Phresheez stopping tracking after two hours now on the free version?

Yes I think so. I paid the 10 bucks for the year. I guess i'm a sucker, but I like the interface and the fact that it's pretty accurate.

I am going to try a couple of the other ones mentioned here. Well if it ever gets cold enough that there will be snow in PA:sadwalk:

C-Rex

I use SportsTracker on my Droid. Works awesome, has tons of features. I believe the velocity is pretty spot on, even a little conservative. I tested it against the speedo in my car and it was about 4 mph low at 80 mph. Less at lower speeds. The problem is that it calculates speed by measuring the time it took you to travel between two or more tracking points. This means you may hit higher speeds for short amounts of time but it won't register. Still it's close enough to get a good idea. I think the vert is petty good but I haven't been able to test it against anything so it's hard to say.

There's a free version so it's definitely worth a try.