• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2009-10 Thread

Smellytele

Liftopia has a 2-day Stowe ticket for $135. It's news only because it's the first time I've seen them post tickets only. You save $20 over their rack rate 2 day ticket.

Superbowl ticket sale at Liftopia:

Burke Mountain (VT) - $30.99 - save 48%
Bolton Valley (VT) - $32.99 - save 44%
Wildcat Mountain (NH) - $36.99 - save 43%
Magic Mountain (VT) - $34.99 - save 38%
Jiminy Peak (MA) - $39.99 - save 31%
Killington (VT) - $54.99 - save 29%
Black Mountain (NH) - $28.99 - save 26%
Waterville Valley (NH) - $49.99 - save 25%
Smugglers' Notch (VT) - $47.99 - save 23%
Stowe Mountain (VT) - $65.99 - save 21%
Cranmore (NH) - $44.00 - save 20%
Mt. Abram (ME) - $38.99 - save 20%

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Ski NH 6-fers

Ski NH announced today a reduction from a12 to a 6 ticket package.

[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]ANYWHERE, ANYTIME LIFT TICKET PACKAGES NOW AVAILABLE AS SIX PACKS
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] [FONT=&quot]Most of you are probably familiar with our Ski NH Anywhere, Anytime Lift Ticket Packages. Normally you would need to buy a minimum of 12 tickets, but since we're halfway through the season we've reduced that number to only 6 tickets!

The packages consist of tickets to all of our member ski areas that are fully-transferable and and valid anyday of the 2009-10 ski season. They save you about 20% off the normal price of a weekend/holiday lift ticket or as much as $16 on a day of skiing or riding. These tickets are ideal to share with family, friends and co-workers if you're hitting the slopes. The only requirement is you cannot select more than 50% of your tickets to one ski area.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

legalskier

Gore is offering discounted bus/ticket service from NYC area to the mountain. See my post in "new Skiers" thread below ( #38 ).

tmcc71

because we work

Mid week is harder for the 9-5 ers. People who benefit from mid week are retired, college kids, self employed and people who work odd shifts (like police and fire personnel for example) . The rest of us have to pay full price or call in sick ;-)

andyaxa

Crotched Spring Fling and Benefit Passes

http://www.crotchedmountain.com/springfling.html

The Benefit Passes look really good if you didn't commit to a season pass but are going to for next season. We're a family of five and for $1299 we can ski for the rest of this season, plus all of next year. That's $260/person. (Called Crotched and it begins immediately) Plus you can add cash to the pass and when you use the pass you get 38% off rentals, lessons, tickets for guests etc. Considering their regular family pass is listed at $1399 and knowing were going to get it next year anyway, this is a no brainer for us. Couple this with the 5th Grade SKINH passport for our twins and I think we can do a lot of skiing on the cheap through next year! :)

Edit: Actually it is good beginning May 22nd. Seems the gentleman I spoke with yesterday afternoon was misinformed.

Last edited:

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
ACE Ski and Board Club members get a free Stowe Points Card. Allows you to purchase one daily lift ticket for $59 every day, vs. $84 window rate.

Last edited:

WJenness

In my daily Groupon email:

Killington lift tickets - $55, limit 4 per person, good any day 2/17/10 through 4/1/10 or end of ski season (not entirely sure what that means).

Groupon.com sign up with your email and select 'boston' as your city.

Offer looks like it is available through Midnight Sunday night.

-w (no affiliation with Groupon, but thought someone on the board may be interested in this deal)

gmcunni

In my daily Groupon email:

Killington lift tickets - $55, limit 4 per person, good any day 2/17/10 through 4/1/10 or end of ski season (not entirely sure what that means).

Groupon.com sign up with your email and select 'boston' as your city.

Offer looks like it is available through Midnight Sunday night.

-w (no affiliation with Groupon, but thought someone on the board may be interested in this deal)

funny, i was just about to post the same info, including the disclaimer of no affiliation :)

details on the offer:
Growing a crop of top peaks requires time, optimal conditions, and the finest mountain seeds. Take unlimited rides up the cream of New England's crags with today's deal: for $55, you get a one-day lift ticket at Killington Resort in Vermont. One-day lift tickets regularly cost up to $82, depending on the day of the week and skier age, but you can use this on any day for a skier of any age and redeem it at any ticket window. Each lift ticket is good any single day from February 17 until April 1, 2010, or the end of the ski season—whichever comes later. The resort is about three hours from the heart of Boston.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm looking for a good deal on lesson/rental/ticket somewhere on the 93 belt of NH, any ideas?

Waterville Valley has a learn to ski package through liftopia.com for $68. It does not include the upper mountain lifts. I often see the package you're looking for on liftopia.

soulseller

Waterville Valley has a learn to ski package through liftopia.com for $68. It does not include the upper mountain lifts. I often see the package you're looking for on liftopia.

Thanks, I see Tenney has a $63 deal which includes an 1.5h lesson. Despite WV having 3x the vert of Tenney, Tenney's regular lift tickets are less then half the price of WV.

I don't image she will last much more then an hour or two past her lesson so I'll probably do that unless anyone has anything bad to say about Tenney (i've never been there).

deadheadskier

Staff member
I had a pass to Tenney last year. Got it because they had a $99 special, so I couldn't pass it up. The vert at Tenney is actually a respectable 1400 feet. Only issue there is limited snowmaking and the longest, slowest summit lift anywhere. So, you really can't get a lot of skiing in there.

Great place to learn though. No crowds at all, where as Waterville will be a zoo. The parking is quite convenient to the lodge as well. Given your situation, picking Tenney over Waterville seems to be a no brainer. Only kink might be the quality of instruction. I'm sure given Waterville's larger size/budget, it probably has better instructors. Maybe not though

57stevey

Great points by DHS. Hopefully 10e will get a decent snowfall tomorrow.

I'd also add that as far as lessons go, sometimes at the smaller, slower areas you pay for a group lesson and it turns out to be only 1 or 2 in the class, effectively a private or semi-private at the group rate.