• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2013-14 Edition

xwhaler

No idea----If I didn't already have plans with a buddy to go to Pats and burn vouchers I'd prob ride up there.
Due to AM and PM commitments we both don't have a ton of time so Pats makes more sense.

Savemeasammy

Xmas eve is too busy for me anyway...! I may make some turns at pats, but I'm not eve sure how likely that is. Probably most people are in this boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlague

Waterville is $7 tomorrow 12/24....Pats opponent score.

That is awesome! Looks Like we are headed to Sunday River though - I have a little more faith in their grooming and snowmaking! We have comps that have to be used by 12/25 so.... day tripping it!

xwhaler

Yep. Plans changed after I talked to my buddy. We will be at Waterville in the AM

Sent from my VS980 4G using AlpineZone mobile app

Tin

For the Mountain Sports Club Card (2 for 1 at Jay, Whaleback, Ward, Black, Cranmore save $15 at Magic, buy one get one half off at Platty, etc) I googled the promo code and last years was sns12, so when ordering I tried sns13...BOOM! $4.95 INSTEAD OF 24.95.

Abominable

Cool, good detective work. That premium card could also be a good deal with some of the mountain discounts. For example, 50 bucks for a premium card w/ two tickets to Plattekill, with "holiday restrictions/blackouts." Is it safe to assume those blackouts are just MLK, Presidents, etc.? Vouchers would still be good on other weekends, yeah? 25 per is a good price. Anyone know about this?

ScottySkis

Cool, good detective work. That premium card could also be a good deal with some of the mountain discounts. For example, 50 bucks for a premium card w/ two tickets to Plattekill, with "holiday restrictions/blackouts." Is it safe to assume those blackouts are just MLK, Presidents, etc.? Vouchers would still be good on other weekends, yeah? 25 per is a good price. Anyone know about this?

Cornhead had bought that card last year and it worked it has lots of very good deals.

BenedictGomez

Cornhead had bought that card last year and it worked it has lots of very good deals.

The MSC value deteriorated in terms of lift ticket deals, but it's worth it just for the "free" (not really) lift ticket to Smuggs for me.

The way I look at it, I paid $35 for a Saturday lift ticket to Smuggler's Notch, which is good, and if I can use it even once for a BOGO at Jay Peak, it's even better. Problem is, you cant BOGO Saturdays at Jay Peak anymore with this card. And Platty you cant BOGO at all anymore with the card, it's now BOGO1/2off, which I can beat with other deals, etc...