• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2014-15 Edition

jaytrem

Hah! That's primarily why I posted that, on the off chance someone who posts here was late to the party.

Even if you only use it 4 times it's $37/day, which isnt bad on a Saturday.

Yeah I figured your post was an omen that I should buy em. So thanks for posting. I figure I'll use 7-9 of them. But those are days I could have used to hit some places I haven't been to yet...

Black NH and ME, Cranmore, Mt Abram, Shawnee ME, Dartmouth, etc.

Middlebury and Suicide Six would be new to me.

Smellytele

Yeah I figured your post was an omen that I should buy em. So thanks for posting. I figure I'll use 7-9 of them. But those are days I could have used to hit some places I haven't been to yet...

Black NH and ME, Cranmore, Mt Abram, Shawnee ME, Dartmouth, etc.

Middlebury and Suicide Six would be new to me.

Yes those 2 will be new to me as well.

MadMadWorld

You're in if you want. Let me know when you guys are coming up. I suggest Late February or March if you want full access to all the trees. We've been skiing deep glades in December before, but we need a good snow year for that to happen.

That's what we were planning. We were going to make it a weekend and hit up Gore and Whiteface. Looks like fun to me though!

dlague

Hah! That's primarily why I posted that, on the off chance someone who posts here was late to the party.

Even if you only use it 4 times it's $37/day, which isnt bad on a Saturday.

It is actually the best deal out there for the most part! I struggled with it knowing how good it is and in the end did not get it. I have good options already.

yeggous

Ski club members should be receiving pricing for prepurchase discount vouchers soon if they haven't already. I haven't bought any in years but I know a lot of people do purchase these. Not the best of deals but they do save you some coin & can be used anytime. Cheapest on our list is Bromley @ $52 & the most expensive is Okemo @ $68 (Stowe is $66). Be careful not to purchase more than you think you'll use because most areas only take a small percentage for return if not used. Most only accept 20% for return but Sugarbush will only accept 10%.

Cheapest (of the Vermont tickets) at my club are Middlebury and Suicide Six are $5. Most expensive are Okemo, Stowe, Stratton, Mt Snow, Sugarbush, Killington at $48. New Hampshire and Maine are more but have no blackout dates. We have a Jay Peak trip December 16-21 for $440 that includes 5 nights lodging, 6 days in the water park, and an unlimited season pass to Jay. 5 group lessons are an additional $50.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Smellytele

Cheapest (of the Vermont tickets) at my club are Middlebury and Suicide Six are $5. Most expensive are Okemo, Stowe, Stratton, Mt Snow, Sugarbush, Killington at $48. New Hampshire and Maine are more but have no blackout dates. We have a Jay Peak trip December 16-21 for $440 that includes 5 nights lodging, 6 days in the water park, and an unlimited season pass to Jay. 5 group lessons are an additional $50.
And your club is?

Smellytele

Only if your car is registered in VT.

"Each day will include a different lift ticket deal for owners with a valid Vermont registration."

Bummer my son has a Hyundai or will by mid Jan but it will be registered in NH. I would have gone...

Also have the FOX44 card that would have helped out as well

trackbiker

Bummer my son has a Hyundai or will by mid Jan but it will be registered in NH. I would have gone...

Also have the FOX44 card that would have helped out as well

It appears that they are losing a lot incremental business by limiting the deal to VT residents only.

yeggous

And your club is?

I'm in a couple of the EICSL clubs. Discount tickets are best purchased through ACE, and the Jay trip is open to all EICSL members. We also have a Winter Park trip for $1100 that includes airfare, ground transport, loding, and lift tickets. I think the airfare portion is sold out for this year, but there is a ground package still available.