• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sky travels to NYC for Friday night (3 Nov)

Sky

So I'm a dad of a Rock-n-Roller. Check out www.bangcamaro.com. My favorite song is Swallow the Razor. They were nominated in three categories for this year's Boston Music Awards. THey didn't win anything, but they were the final live act of the night and they got the best crowd response (one of the nominated categories was Best Live Performance).

They know they are sort of a phenomenon....five musicians...and 15+ "chorus" singing rock. The phenomenon part is....they all love it, but they also know it's a bit difficult to get everybody to tour. So far, practices have been very well attended and the entire band is taking the whole thing very seriously....but it will be tough to keep it all together for any length of time (not that keeping any band together is easy).

Anyway, they've only played three times in public (and @ one private function)...so they were pretty amped up to get the BMA's attention in such a short time (since mid June of this year).

SO....after the BMA, they got invited to NYC. They perform Friday night @ Crash Mansion. My son thinks they go on @ 8:30...the headline band (George Clinton) goes on sometime later that evening.

My son is one of he chorus. Most of the chorus is made up of other local (Boston) band members. My son's "other" band is The Vershok. I recommend checking out their stuff on www.myspace.com\thevershok My fav is Mistaker (which I think would make a sweet ski vid). The boy sings lead and plays bass.

I'll be the tallest guy in the crowd if anyone happens to go to Friday's show.

Sky

Can't. :< Such is the dedication of the Rock-n-roll family. *smirk* It's #2 son's birthday Friday. So the whole Fam Damnly is going. But we've got "stuff" to do Sunday. So it's just an overnighter. HEY! I'm driving this far in a DAY next week. :>

Sky

Exactamundo. Not sure about "early" departure Saturday. Depends on how late we stay out Friday PM....and most of the fam likes their AM sleep. Personally...I'm a morning person.

Sky

Well...call me biased...but I'm thinking Crash Mansion was maxed out for the BC show...and emptied immediately afterwards. Small venue! I was expecting a big place. It was smaller than Boston's (actually Cambridge's) Middel East. Certainly smaller than the downstairs venue...and only slightly larger (but certainley better appointed than) the upstaris venue.

BC had the crowd jumping. They finished the show...packed the gear and played a second show somewhere in Brooklyn (Union House?). I didn't go...but #2 son and my wife went. They got home around 4AM and slept most of the drive home today.

Rumor has it that a "label" was present at the Mansion show looking to sign BC up. Could be interesting. Swallow the Razor is STILL my favorite song. I'm thinking the crowd agreed.