• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snowbird might be denied Oktoberfest permit!

thetrailboss

Staff member
My first trip I bought in the supermarket by mistake. It tasted okay the 6 just to hard to get a buzz. Then I bought beer from the Liquor store which had the full alcohol content.

What is really pathetic is that they sell the FULL STRENGTH beer in the Liquor Stores BY THE BOTTLE. Pathetic.

CoolMike

Having the lifties essentially telling the drinkers to chug their drinks in order to get on the lift was probably a bad idea.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Having the lifties essentially telling the drinkers to chug their drinks in order to get on the lift was probably a bad idea.

I'm not sure that is what happened. When I've been there they've merely said, "you can't bring that with you."

Freezingupnorth

What is really pathetic is that they sell the FULL STRENGTH beer in the Liquor Stores BY THE BOTTLE. Pathetic.

I lived in SLC for a winter and I recall this being the truth. Moreover, the liquor store sold full strength beer by the bottle warm whereas the 3.2% beer at Albertson's was weak but cold. I'll take the warm and chill it. Also, they don't have bars-- just clubs where you need to stand outside and solicit a suitable sponsor to gain admittance. Very strange experience overall.

I don't really see the point. The zion police seem to have no issue making tax revenue off the very thing they restrict. They're only making things inconvenient for the public while losing otherwise greater tax revenue. Apparently, their history books show prohibition a success not a failure.

thetrailboss

Staff member
I lived in SLC for a winter and I recall this being the truth. Moreover, the liquor store sold full strength beer by the bottle warm whereas the 3.2% beer at Albertson's was weak but cold. I'll take the warm and chill it. Also, they don't have bars-- just clubs where you need to stand outside and solicit a suitable sponsor to gain admittance. Very strange experience overall.

The club system no longer exists.

I don't really see the point. The zion police seem to have no issue making tax revenue off the very thing they restrict. They're only making things inconvenient for the public while losing otherwise greater tax revenue. Apparently, their history books show prohibition a success not a failure.

Exactly. They also pay and treat DABC employees poorly while making a ton of money. Seems wrong to me.

Jully

Not focusing on the money is the point. They just don't want that happening

thetrailboss

Staff member
A certain religious institution is the driving force.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone