• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snowmaking Ops Last night?

WJenness

So SR started making snow down towards the Chondola / South Ridge Quad last night.

Anyone else make some snow last night in the cold temps? K?

Live SR Camshot:
NWRYS_l.jpg

-w

Zand

Sunday River did not seriously just start making snow down there with 24 hours of rain coming Saturday...

skiingsnow

Snowmaking still underway this morning on Rime, Upper East Fall, Middle Great Northern, Mid Chute and Lower Bunny Buster at The Beast.

100_1442.jpg

100_1443.jpg

100_1444.jpg

Riverskier

Sunday River did not seriously just start making snow down there with 24 hours of rain coming Saturday...

This seriously confuses me. With more warm temps and rain coming, anything they make on South Ridge will melt long before anyone has a chance to ski it. Yet I don't see any guns going on Right Stuff, which already appears to have a good base and could potentially open this weekend. From that shot it doesn't look like any snow is being made on Sunday Punch either. Perhaps there was a temperatue inversion, but I would have expected to see the guns lit up on Punch and Right Stuff, and definitely not on South Ridge.

AndyEich

This seriously confuses me. With more warm temps and rain coming, anything they make on South Ridge will melt long before anyone has a chance to ski it. Yet I don't see any guns going on Right Stuff, which already appears to have a good base and could potentially open this weekend. From that shot it doesn't look like any snow is being made on Sunday Punch either. Perhaps there was a temperatue inversion, but I would have expected to see the guns lit up on Punch and Right Stuff, and definitely not on South Ridge.

When they were blowing at South Ridge, it looked to me like the guns were also blasting Right Stuff. I am also confused by them bothering to blow South Ridge.
________
Paxil settlements

Last edited:

Vortex

You need to get up earlier.I saw guns on right Stuff at 6.30 this morning. :grin: I posted it yesterday the temps did look lower down bottom than up top. I think it will be more nornmal tonight. Does not look like they made snow for a long period of time at South Ridge. Might just be getting the system going. We'll see if they go for it again tonight.

No R--n word NCP sounds better.:smash:

i see Andy jumped in. he was on it first.

Any snow makign is good snow making. I like to watch the gun go.

Riverskier

You need to get up earlier.I saw guns on right Stuff at 6.30 this morning. :grin: I posted it yesterday the temps did look lower down bottom than up top. I think it will be more nornmal tonight. Does not look like they made snow for a long period of time at South Ridge. Might just be getting the system going. We'll see if they go for it again tonight.

No R--n word NCP sounds better.:smash:

i see Andy jumped in. he was on it first.

Any snow makign is good snow making. I like to watch the gun go.

Not a morning person. :smile: No complaints here though whatever they do. I am grateful they gave me 4 weekends of turns already, and will gladly ski whatever they have to offer this weekend. As far as having temps down low, that is where they need them most right now anyway. Just found the snowmaking on South Ridge a little preplexing, but I agree, any snowmaking is good snowmaking!

Vortex

I was just having fun and wanted to Andy to get the props for spreading the word this am. The questions are how long were the guns on and if they come on again tonight that far down?-D. I don't know if it was a base building attempt or blowing out of the lines. Not all the guns were on when I looked this am, but it was from the top of South ridge to the bottom. I would love ski on ski off. I hope they are on again tonight.:-D

Just clicked, I had a beer with you on Sat did I not?

Riverskier

I was just having fun and wanted to Andy to get the props for spreading the word this am. The questions are how long were the guns on and if they come on again tonight that far down?-D. I don't know if it was a base building attempt or blowing out of the lines. Not all the guns were on when I looked this am, but it was from the top of South ridge to the bottom. I would love ski on ski off. I hope they are on again tonight.:-D

Just clicked, I had a beer with you on Sat did I not?

You did, nice chatting with you.

I can certainly understand wanting ski in/ski out. I am personally hoping they can get Right Stuff online and fire up the quad. Regardless, I will be there and will happily ski whatever they have to offer.

Vortex

I knew who you were in person and on line and just was slow to connect the dots. Indeed it was good to just hang for a bit. Not sure what the hell I was thinking.:dunce: You coming Sat to the meet and greet?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
This seriously confuses me. With more warm temps and rain coming, anything they make on South Ridge will melt long before anyone has a chance to ski it.
It would take a lot of rain and warm temps to make snow making not worth it at this point. They will loose some but definitely keep more than they loose this weekend. They really can't afford not to make snow at this point. Thanksgiving weekend is now just under two weeks away, they need to blow every possible second they can to get the main lodges open for their first big weekend.

Vortex

They are making it on broadway this morning again.Full throtle this time. Ski in ski out can't be real far away for Sunrise and Cascasdes. I would think next weekend,

Edd

Ugh, my new season pass sits here on my desk and mocks me. Due to a couple of personal issues I won't be able to get out there for another 2 weeks.

I have skiing blue balls.

bigbob

Actually the excavator does not have bucket for digging on it. It is a brush mower.

Here is a close up of the attachment I took back in October the day before they open. Was parked over on South Rige area.

DSC00428.jpg

They were mowing under the far quad at the time. You have to be careful when walking an excavator with street pads on snow, you start sliding and you may have to change your shorts after you stop.