• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sorry again...DAY TWO..Alta 10-21-07

SkiDog

Well day 2 officially in the books.

With the snow that fell last thursday and the 30 or so inch base they already had, alta seemed in prime shape for some weekend turns. However Saturday sealed the deal....stormed all day, then the lake effect machine turned on. Woke to about 2-3 inches on my porch and when I arrived in the Alta parking lot, which had about 150 cars in it at 10:00am October 21, 2007 with NO LIFTS RUNNING, there was about 12 inches of fresh blower on the ground. With our group of about 10 we headed up the mountain.....

Finally arrived at the top of the wildcat lift for our first run.....all I can say is HOLY COW....I have literally NEVER had turns this good in October...they were literally BOTTOMLESS....Shin to knee deep EVERYWHERE and face shots where it wind loaded....UNBELIEVABLE...

Sorry to rub it in folks, but im having WAY TOO MUCH FUN IN MY NEW HOME..

04_alta_armpit_071021.jpg

15_alta_skidog_top_of_wildcat_07102.jpg

10_alta_skidog_071021.jpg

11_alta_brad_gehrig_071021.jpg

Heres to the beginning of a FANTASTIC SEASON...

M

tirolerpeter

Boring?

Ha modest...thats a good one...I didnt want to BORE anyone.... :)

YES YOU DO GO SHOPPING SOON....Start your research TODAY.

M

How could a person talking about such great snow ever be perceived as BORING? There are people on this board that are willing to "ski" on frost sticking to grass. You were actually skiing/standing on real snow!

Yes, I need to shop NOW!

snoseek

Wow, amazing for october even by Utah standards. You guys are sooooo lucky.

snoseek

I have a feeling I'm going to make several treks over there from colorado this winter.....

tirolerpeter

Now! Now!

May you get hit by a freak heat wave! :lol:

Your report card must have said: "Doesn't share or play well with others."

We are willing to share. Just get on that big silver bird for 4 hours and make a left turn out of the airport.