• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

SR to open tomorow!

snoseek

^^^^^ I'll keep my eye out for you. Same coat as last year right?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Tentative for Saturday turns. Might go for first chair for two hours until the download slow downs suck the life outta me. And I have to save some leg for more earned turns on Sunday. Three days in a row to end October, nice!!!
I'm out for Saturday turns. I am saving my leg up for tomorrow. Looks like another foot of fresh. I don't want to be tired tomorrow and not take as many powder runs just for two hours on a WROD. Have fun today! And have even more fun on Sunday! :D

:beer:

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
I'll be up Sunday with madpadraic, snoseek and wjenness. Mayhem on T2!

Too bad I want be able to continue my tradition of seeing Riv on opening day!

Could have been fun seeing you on Saturday snowmonster...although I didn't see any snowboarders in a bikinis. Only one in a Penguin suit.

That was one of the longest stretch of non-skiing for myself in a number of years; 58 days since September 1st turns. :D

MadPatSki

Website
madpatski.wordpress.com
I was great to meet you. Good to finally meet one in person.

Here is what I had to saw in other ski forum:

Unfortunately I wasn't there on Sunday, I had to return working at my mother's place. I was in MTL on Friday (no choice - I had to meet and pay the electrician for a major job). I was terribly torn into staying in New England with the storm coming, but I also need through it stuff as the sooner it's done, the more freedom I'll have.

I had an internet blackout most of the weekend. The plan (even before they announced it) was to head to SRiver for Saturday morning. I knew that they had the commitment into opening first, I wasn't going to gamble on Kmart opening. They had let down so many people in the last few years. I even had someone who grew up near K totally convinced that they weren't going to open.

I meet Bob R and we discussed the coming storm...he knows that I was on the fence on staying or going back across the border. Reason won out...I really hate it, but it was the only reasonable decision I could make under the circumstances...and it totally sucked.

jerryg

I've never done a trip report and given that I only went from the condo to the lift, I'm not even sure it qualifies, but the conditions this morning at SR sucked beyond belief. While they were grooming at teh end of the day yesterday, this morning was bulletproof-shear ice-can't edge w/o skates-FML condtions on both trails. Three runs and downloaded. Yikes!

I've never done a trip report and given that I only went from the condo to the lift, I'm not even sure it qualifies, but the conditions this morning at SR sucked beyond belief. While they were grooming at teh end of the day yesterday, this morning was bulletproof-shear ice-can't edge w/o skates-FML condtions on both trails. Three runs and downloaded. Yikes!

How dare you insult The River! :spin:

Seriously, though, what does "FML" mean? Thanks.

snoseek

Wow! I'm suprised they didn't blow last night if it got that cold.