• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

steep

RISkier

There's a book titled "The Great Vermont Ski Chase" or something like that. Author's last name is Lorentz. That book lists the pitch of several trails. According to that book a trail at MRG is the steepest named trail in VT. The book is a few years old and I won't vouch for the books claims, but ...

frankm938

You can think that but you would be wrong...... tjf is a kmart shill, loves the place, hates Whiteface tho LMAO

tjf got the stats from another website didnt he? or do you think he made it up?

if i am wrong, what trails do you think are steeper than lower ovation?

tjf67

Yeah I spent time making them up you are on to me.:oops: It looks like some kid did it for a school project. Put a lot of time into it is well done. I think we crashed his site with all the traffic.

tjf67

You dont need to think. Look at the stats and they tell the story. K-mart skiers can be so dumb sometimes. Just sayen

SkiDork

whats the limit for granularity? I could prolly find a couple of feet on almost all trails that have a 40 degree slope.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I seem to recall seeing this posted on this site before. If I'm not mistaken the person who compiled the list might be an AZ member.

jaywbigred

whats the limit for granularity? I could prolly find a couple of feet on almost all trails that have a 40 degree slope.

I think that's somewhat the point of the above comments...

Compare the length of the steepest sections measured at Killington to some of the other mountains...also, the number of indents.

Its all pointless anyway. How "steep" something skis results from a multitude of factors, only one of which is the actual pitch of the trail (narrow v. wide, bumps v. ice v. hardpack v. pow, above tree line vs. below tree line, presence of rocks or cliffs (i.e. no fall zone) vs. nothing...and so on).

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Something I should know about? I cross a line that someone would like to fill me in on so I don't do it again?

Thank you

You didn't cross a line, it's just a subject that has often been talked about over the past few months. Do a forum search for "AndyZone" or "NSChat", and you'll see what I mean.

www.nschat.net/forums is the site the OP was referring to

tjf67

I think that's somewhat the point of the above comments...

Compare the length of the steepest sections measured at Killington to some of the other mountains...also, the number of indents.

Its all pointless anyway. How "steep" something skis results from a multitude of factors, only one of which is the actual pitch of the trail (narrow v. wide, bumps v. ice v. hardpack v. pow, above tree line vs. below tree line, presence of rocks or cliffs (i.e. no fall zone) vs. nothing...and so on).

I thought it was laid out well and gave a lot of good info. They did not pick out one mountain they did all of them. Lots of time spent on it. Guess if the info does not tell you what you are looking for it is pointless? Dont get that comment.

EOS

Thanks St. Bear.

I jumped the gun on asking about it instead of searching the forums, cardinal forum sin - I know.... :smash:

Dually noted!
________
Kawasaki KDX220A

Last edited:

frankm938

You dont need to think. Look at the stats and they tell the story. K-mart skiers can be so dumb sometimes. Just sayen

i was agreeing with you. my post was in response to ski resort observer calling you a shill for k-mart.
ive always thought lower ovation was the steepest trail in the east, this site shows its steeper than many other well know eastern trails