• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton Mountain - 03.29.2015

WoodCore

Date(s) Skied: Sunday March 29, 2015

Ski Area: Stratton Mountain - Stratton Mountain, VT

Conditions: Machine Groomed

Trip Report:

Beautiful bluebird day out on the trails and slopes of Stratton. Crowds were light and the skiing pretty darn good despite the warmup and re-freeze last week. Skied from opening bell to around 1pm with a quick stop for coffee. The natural snow in the woods is deep and frozen up pretty solid but none the less the best turns of the day were in the smooth, un-tracked sections. The 2"-3" of cream cheese on top of the solid base snow made every turn feel like buttering bread!

Here's some pictures...........

IMG_4129.JPG

IMG_41041.JPG

IMG_4106.JPG

IMG_4111.JPG

IMG_4109.JPG

IMG_4121.JPG

IMG_4126.JPG

IMG_41241.JPG

bdfreetuna

Wow that looks so good. I was there on the 15th. Rain day... and the only time I've been to Stratton in years. I might try to get a spring day in there if it's still on like that.

Savemeasammy

I skied Stratton for the first time ever on Sunday. It was, ummm.... "fast"! I'll have to give it another shot next year. It looks like there is some decent stuff to be found. I skied one glade with my kid - west pilot. It sucked. It was ice the whole way! It's too bad. It would have been pretty fun under good conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk