• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush AlpineZone Day 2009 Poll II

Multiple Choice, which dates would be good for you.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wa-loaf

I just noticed that that Saturday is their pond skimming contest.

Moe Ghoul

I would be interested, but I checked out their web site, I think, the rooms look awfully small, are they? Is this the site? http://www.slidebrooklodge.com/room1.php .

Rooms are kinda small and varied. We got hammered at the bar there on Wednesday nite. The menu has been pared down to burger and fries. That's it. No milk or 1/2 n 1/2 for Caucasians. Alex poured a pint glass 2/3 full of kaluah and stoli before he figured that out. So he topped it off with more stoli and charged us $5. I think I had 5 of em. Ouch. Then some dude named Pauley went off the deep end and had to be dragged out, and some other knuckledragger started some shit. At that point Alex yelled at everybody and tried to close the bar. We ignored him and kept drinking until about 1AM. :) Nice space, dodgy management skills...........

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I'm definitely out for this. Since my Monday class was canceled due to the snow, I now I have to make it up on 3/28 in the AM. Have fun, guys!

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
About the Slidebrook Inn......Until a few years ago it was Peppers Lodge for many years. The owners sold it about 8 years ago, moved to Florida with their motorcycles, enjoying life. A couple of years later the new owners defaulted and the old owners were back in the Valley owning Peppers, again, not too happy about it. A few years ago they sold it to the current owners who renamed it the Slidebrook Lodge.

When it was Peppers we(Sugarbush Reservations) booked for the lodge. It's a nice place with an outdoor hottub but the sticky wicket was that they had rooms with shared bath, it was a tough sell. Don't know if the new owners have changed that.

Sidenote: When it was Peppers they were a popular breakfast only place in addition to the lodging. Slidebrook has changed to a bar/nightlife with music with lodging. A few articles in the local paper about the folks in the condos across the road complained to the Warren Selectboard about the loud music in the summer.

I'm going by memory here so I hope noski chimes in and makes the necessary corrections. :D

noski

*chime-chime*

After Alex finished the renovations, we held a chamber mixer there and I went thru all the rooms and common areas. The rooms are basic, no frills, but clean and fresh when I went thru. Shared bath works when you are a with traveling companions that take more than one room. Shared bath also works when you travel off-peak...often you end up with a private bath at a shared bath price. Property is on the MadBus route, so free bus ride to Mt Ellen or Lincoln Peak.

Common areas are comfortable with flat screen tv's if you care to watch. The lounge area is small, which is too bad, but manages to cram in live music and alot of people.

Overall, I think very good value. Over and out.

BeanoNYC

PS....had an opportunity to make some extra money on that Saturday. Had to play the responsible Dad and take the offer. Sorry guys.

wa-loaf

I'm out too. It's the weekend after I get back from Vail. I've also got free tickets to Saddleback I'm going to try to use in the beginning of April.

Status
Not open for further replies.