• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown - 3/7/09

2knees

i have a truckload of video i took of the kids and random pieces of gunbarrel. i would bet i have gary and his son on there as i saw you guys a bunch of times while hanging around the carpet area. i just didnt know it was you guys until i saw you on the hill. people look so different when they arent bundled up in jackets and helmets and such.

anyway, i'll go through it at some point and if i have anything good, i'll throw it up. problem is that i have about 45 minutes of video to go through.

o3jeff

Great job Gary, thanks for the good editing too!. I guess next time we should offer to work the camera to get some of you.

See Carrie you look good going thru them and are even pole planting!

Greg

Staff member
Great job Gary, thanks for the good editing too!. I guess next time we should offer to work the camera to get some of you.

See Carrie you look good going thru them and are even pole planting!

Everybody looked great and seemed to be having a blast, but you my friend were KILLING IT! Unbelievable that you starting skiing bumps a few weeks ago. Great job Jeff!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I've told you before: Jeff is a much better skier than he lets on. He's very humble. :D

All things considered, not bad. Thanks for doing that, Gary! Maybe I'll get back out there on another soft-bumps day. ;)

2knees

nice vid gary. you got my run where i thought i was gonna cream that girl in the blue jacket. always seems worse in real life then when you watch it on video.

Grassi21

thanks for posting that gary. jeff was indeed killing it. insane progress such a short period of time.

myself on the other hand, yikes. so much bending at the waist.

madskier6

gmcunni:
gary2.jpg

Those skis look more like Nordica ABs than Volkl 724s. Were you skiing on your new boards Gary? How did you like them, especially in the bumps?

gmcunni

nice vid gary. you got my run where i thought i was gonna cream that girl in the blue jacket. always seems worse in real life then when you watch it on video.

i cut a few seconds off the end of that segment, it was obvious from the way you pulled up that you were pissed!!!

gmcunni

Those skis look more like Nordica ABs than Volkl 724s. Were you skiing on your new boards Gary? How did you like them, especially in the bumps?

yup, those are the ABs. Liked them a lot. certainly noticed the extra width in the bumps but got used to them pretty quick. took a couple of rides down Canyon Run and was really happy with the way they skied in the soft snow. I suspect i won't fully appreciate them until next season when i get to ski some mid-winter fresh snow.

Trekchick

hasn't finished processing but here is the link:

or if you prefer:
Oh My Heck!!!
Thanks for sharin!

As you all may know, I have a soft spot in my heart for Sev and brian. Its sooooo cool to see the way Sev has bloomed in the past year and this video is evidence that her skiing has taken a huge leap.

Sev, make that snow your b!tch!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Oh My Heck!!!
Thanks for sharin!

As you all may know, I have a soft spot in my heart for Sev and brian. Its sooooo cool to see the way Sev has bloomed in the past year and this video is evidence that her skiing has taken a huge leap.

Sev, make that snow your b!tch!

You're making me blush. :oops: I have the guys to thank for encouraging me to get outside my comfort zone ...safely. Skiing by myself didn't help with that; I've spent most of this season skiing with others and it's helped. I still have a LONG way to go though. :D Thank you!