• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Bump Clinic Wed March 18th

2knees

care to share?

probably wont help most people cause they are already doing it.

i never used my straps. Al pointed out how actually fastening them and then going up through the loop and back down on the pole helps you with your poling. (that sounds nasty) with the strap under my thumb, it gives me more control and keeps the poles from getting away from me when i sorta lose a good grip on them.

Greg

Staff member
I started strapping again this year for the first in many years. I'm so used to it, it feels uncomfortable now to not strap correctly.

Grassi21

i never used my straps. Al pointed out how actually fastening them and then going up through the loop and back down on the pole helps you with your poling. (that sounds nasty) with the strap under my thumb, it gives me more control and keeps the poles from getting away from me when i sorta lose a good grip on them.

i had a few runs this year where one second i am holding the grip and then next second i am holding the middle of the pole. i never strap in the last 2 seasons. i should considering the number of yard sales i have had lately.

MR. evil

He gave me that same advice.

Madroch

Have to work until 6:00- but I most assuredly need the pointers and practice-- so may try to make it up after. I am always amazed at how much slower I am on the hill than just about everyone around me... I seem to completely forget the arms in front and straigher line every time the bumps get even remotely larger than small.

bvibert

Staff member
Have to work until 6:00- but I most assuredly need the pointers and practice-- so may try to make it up after. I am always amazed at how much slower I am on the hill than just about everyone around me... I seem to completely forget the arms in front and straigher line every time the bumps get even remotely larger than small.

You seemed to be moving pretty quick yesterday to me, especially by my standards.

Madroch

I thought I was smoking one run and Shannon (Racer guy, I think that is his name) blew by me like I was going in reverse! But thanks for the kind words!

bvibert

Staff member
I remember watching from around mid station one run where Pat was just starting down the last pitch and 180 came out of nowhere. It looked like he was going to smoke Pat, but either Pat picked up the pace or 180 slowed down just to taunt him a bit. It was an impressive display in any event.

2knees

I remember watching from around mid station one run where Pat was just starting down the last pitch and 180 came out of nowhere. It looked like he was going to smoke Pat, but either Pat picked up the pace or 180 slowed down just to taunt him a bit. It was an impressive display in any event.

i know exactly which run you are talking about. I started above the last little pitch, my legs were shot and i wasnt really going that fast and then alan came flying in next to me and yelled come on. i straightlined it from there and he beat me by a nose. i thought i was gonna get dusted but i kept it close. I think he got me by a skis length.

bvibert

Staff member
i know exactly which run you are talking about. I started above the last little pitch, my legs were shot and i wasnt really going that fast and then alan came flying in next to me and yelled come on. i straightlined it from there and he beat me by a nose. i thought i was gonna get dusted but i kept it close. I think he got me by a skis length.

You guys did finish close, it was cool to watch from above.

He did the same thing to me the Sunday before and I just about ran into the woods trying to keep up. :oops:

bvibert

Staff member
You guys don't mind that little push do ya?

Not at all! Like Pat said, just watching you rip is a push by itself, the verbal encouragement is the icing on the cake. Keep on pushing, and the tips help a lot too!

gmcunni

move me to doubtful. 2 kids have to be in 2 different places tomorrow night, don't think i can swing getting out for skiing.

Grassi21

Roll Call

Powhunter
Greg
bvibert
gmcunni (doubtfull)
MR. evil
mondeo
Grassi21 (definite)

Grassi21

what time are you guys arriving? i am taking a 1/2 day tomorrow. i should be up to sundown by 3 pm at the latest.