• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Sunday 2-22

Greg

Staff member
NWS is still calling for 2-4". Might have to shift arrival time later though since it looks to be starting later. Will make a call on that tonight.

MR. evil

While I am skiing Magic on Sunday, a small part of me will be wishing I was helping ski the bumps in on Gunny................wow, I can't belive I just said that out load :blink:

Greg

Staff member
They made some nice progress last night:

l
IMG_4830.JPG

They will be longer and wider by tomorrow. We've also been upgraded to advisory level snow and the NWS is now calling for 3-7". I'll probably head over mid to late morning.

Greg

Staff member
I know you guys are really excited about this but geez... :roll:

Oh whatever. :roll: You know how some people who don't ski just don't get it about skiing? Well, same holds true for those that don't ski bumps. As far as I'm concerned this is MAJOR. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve, or like any one of us might feel the night of a 3 foot dump. Seeing that small field today under bluebird skies got me so pumped for the goodness to come. Steve-o seemed amped too, plus his new bump pants are pretty rad. :lol:

powhunter

Oh whatever. :roll: You know how some people who don't ski just don't get it about skiing? Well, same holds true for those that don't ski bumps. As far as I'm concerned this is MAJOR. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve, or like any one of us might feel the night of a 3 foot dump. Seeing that small field today under bluebird skies got me so pumped for the goodness to come. Steve-o seemed amped too, plus his new bump pants are pretty rad. :lol:

this is huge...breaking news!!

bvibert

Staff member

I'm pumped too! In honor of Temptor getting mowed and Gunny getting seeded I shaved down my goatee and am letting it regrow. :spread:

Grassi21

the weather is shaping up to be interesting tomorrow.

what time are you bump-heads clicking in? i'm hoping to be on skis by 9 at the latest.

Greg

Staff member
the weather is shaping up to be interesting tomorrow.

what time are you bump-heads clicking in? i'm hoping to be on skis by 9 at the latest.

Waiting for the snow to start and accumulate a little bit. Late morning I'd imagine.

Greg

Staff member
Yeah. Still 42 degrees here and no snow yet. Gonna be a noon on type thing for me.

Greg

Staff member
Looks like we're right on the edge of the snow/mix line. Hopefully their high elevation results in the upslope snow machine that is thy mighty Sundown. :lol: