• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tekoa Shatterak Area

skizilla

Does anyone here hike the Tekoa Shatterack Area. I hike it quite a bit and wondered what people thought of it I love it. It is a bit loud with the mass pike and trains being close by but the views of the westfield river and hartford springfield ski blanford and i think snow or stratton make it worth while.
It also has excellent ridge line hiking with lots of exposed rock.
It is part of Unkamits path which is an attenmpt to link the metacomet monadnok trail with the appalachian trail. Has Anyone hiked any of Unakmits?

SilentCal

Never have hiked the Unakmits trail but have done many sections of the Metacomet-Mondanock Trail. Just where is the trail intersection between these two trails supposed to be? Near where the M+M trail goes underneath the Mass Pike? I think that would be the most logical spot.

skizilla

Unkamits path intersection

Unkamits path sorry about spelling. I do not know where the intersection is I just know the tekoa area if ayone else konw the intersection of the AT or the M and M is please let me know i think you are right about the M and M intersection though.