• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tenney Mountain

2planks2coasts

It looks like they repainted the lifts. Did they repaint the Hawnet (Hornet) lift so that the base no longer looks like a battleship?

And Egan said that they have RFID at Tenney.
They have Axess RFID gates. Was there yesterday. The mountain appears much more polished and professional this year. More snowmaking, staff uniforms, RFID, etc, etc

2planks2coasts

We need a TR with pics or it didn’t happen 😉
Fair enough 😁.

I was redeeming a No Boundaries pass day. Super easy in the guest services/ticket office. Just showed my DL and was handed an RFID card. They also have a ticket redemption machine outside the lodge to redeem online purchases.
Only the triple was open. Liftie said the Hornet double would be open this weekend. A few dirt spots down low, otherwise good coverage. Maybe 15 people on the hill. Nice crisp grooming without any ice. Snow report said 14 runs open, but it was really 3 main runs with various connections between them. I really like Tenney's terrain profile. There's no super steeps or wide open faces, but twisty trails with enough rollers and drops to keep you on your toes. Did about 15-16 runs with a short break for poutine and beer in the lodge. A lodge that IMHO is the best of the smaller New England independents, and certainly doesn't need a $30 million redo. Newish looking snowmaking equipment lining several runs. The chatter in the lodge was about how much better the snowmaking was this year and that until this past weeks snow, everything below mid-mountain was snowmaking coverage only. As mentioned above, significantly more professional looking. The staff had jackets and name tags, the Axess RFID gates, trail signage, etc all leaps and bounds ahead of last year.

PXL_20240118_165255488.jpg

LoafSkier19

At Tenney today. So glad I went. The Hornet opened at 10, got 2nd chair, and the skiing has been incredible with untouched powder from the midweek storm. Got first tracks down Sweet William and was probably the 3rd and 5th person down the glade just past Sweet William. Also got my own tracks down the lift line and Shooting Star. Certainly worth braving the bitter cold today! Not many out skiing but the main lot looks filled up which I haven’t seen in my previous visits.
IMG_2718.jpegIMG_2722.jpegIMG_2727.jpegIMG_2726.jpeg

thetrailboss

Staff member
So does the bottom terminal for the Hawwnet still have a battleship number? (That was weird)

img_5106.jpg

LoafSkier19

Newpylong

Here's me holding our T-Bar plate post inspection. 040 is an interesting number looking back, perhaps they started reusing numbers.

Attachments

• t-bar-inspection.jpg
    t-bar-inspection.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17

Smellytele

Although I didn't see Annalisa I was there today. The top of the mtn was a little frozen, the glades skied fun. Runs off the triple were all soft and very enjoyable! Had a great day with not a lift line in sight!

JDMRoma

Although I didn't see Annalisa I was there today. The top of the mtn was a little frozen, the glades skied fun. Runs off the triple were all soft and very enjoyable! Had a great day with not a lift line in sight!
I was there Saturday as well, fun day for sure. there's a lot to be said about slow lifts keeping the traffic down on the trails. bonus points for having Maine Beer co Lunch on tap and Fiddlehead ! win / win I will be going back !!

Smellytele

I was there Saturday as well, fun day for sure. there's a lot to be said about slow lifts keeping the traffic down on the trails. bonus points for having Maine Beer co Lunch on tap and Fiddlehead ! win / win I will be going back !!
Was this you?

Attachments

• IMG_7434.jpeg
    IMG_7434.jpeg
    469.7 KB · Views: 20

JDMRoma

Went back to Tenney on Saturday ! Bell to Bell day, first chair to almost last. Full on Spring conditions right from the Start.
Met Dan Egan on my first run, Seems like a nice guy ! The Tenney vibe was awesome ! no lift lines and trails were mostly all to yourself.
Parking lot was packed, dont know where everyone was....Bar ? that was the only place there was a line but all good considering
hope they make it ! This wednesday the 14th is Plymouth State day.....just sayn.