• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tenney Mountain

LuckyStrike

Went back to Tenney on Saturday ! Bell to Bell day, first chair to almost last. Full on Spring conditions right from the Start.
Met Dan Egan on my first run, Seems like a nice guy ! The Tenney vibe was awesome ! no lift lines and trails were mostly all to yourself.
Parking lot was packed, dont know where everyone was....Bar ? that was the only place there was a line but all good considering
hope they make it ! This wednesday the 14th is Plymouth State day.....just sayn.
That's awesome. Did you get into the woods at all? I'm hoping to hit the mountain next Saturday.

JDMRoma

Best value in New England?
Only opened for 2 months this year...
yes they hard a ruff start I guess, the $399 is tempting but Id like to see what they do next year ! happy to pay the $65 a day . they are reopening tomorrow for the weekend....waiting to see it they are running both lifts.

JDMRoma

Went to Tenney on Saturday, was pleasantly surprised what they had open for trails. Not many ropes which made for a pretty fun day.Not sure if this scared some people away but it really still had decent coverage in most areas.Managed to get 5 days in this season all on Saturdays. Really considering the season pass for next year really cant beat the $399. I ran into Dan Egan again, talked about what the plans are for next year. they will be focusing on snowmaking on the hornet side and an extensive lodge redo. Yeah its a small risk but what the hell, might as well go for it

thetrailboss

Staff member
Went to Tenney on Saturday, was pleasantly surprised what they had open for trails. Not many ropes which made for a pretty fun day.Not sure if this scared some people away but it really still had decent coverage in most areas.Managed to get 5 days in this season all on Saturdays. Really considering the season pass for next year really cant beat the $399. I ran into Dan Egan again, talked about what the plans are for next year. they will be focusing on snowmaking on the hornet side and an extensive lodge redo. Yeah its a small risk but what the hell, might as well go for it
Didn't Mike already renovate the lodge?

JDMRoma

Yes so the lodge is going to be enlarged and huge deck facing out to the Mountain, they have the plans on the wall next to the bar now.
Yes I think its in the 30 million range
Looks like a massive overhaul, should have snapped some pic but didint think of it.

Newpylong

Considering the new K-1 lodge was supposed to be $29M when it was approved I would hope it's either more than an overhaul or they're using gold for building material.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Yes so the lodge is going to be enlarged and huge deck facing out to the Mountain, they have the plans on the wall next to the bar now.
Yes I think its in the 30 million range
Looks like a massive overhaul, should have snapped some pic but didint think of it.
$30 mill invested in the area itself and not just the lodge would do a lot to improve the business IMHO. Then again, if the concern is climate change and trying to be as broad as possible, I could see having a lodge to generate revenue in all seasons as a potentially good idea. My inclination would be to invest it in different areas of the resort. Because a $30 million lodge, with ancient lifts and broken snowmaking, is really an albatross.

BodeMiller1

Is he running oar? If he finds a vain with copper or silver, he can build what he wants. The permits are the fly in the honey. Lived in Plymouth a local showed me the land.

JDMRoma

$30 mill invested in the area itself and not just the lodge would do a lot to improve the business IMHO. Then again, if the concern is climate change and trying to be as broad as possible, I could see having a lodge to generate revenue in all seasons as a potentially good idea. My inclination would be to invest it in different areas of the resort. Because a $30 million lodge, with ancient lifts and broken snowmaking, is really an albatross.
Yeah 30 mill was the number, and snowmaking is most likely a part of it. Pump houses and new lines im guessing all on the Hornet side so base to Summit.
Dont think there is any thoughts on lifts for a while. they have a lot going in the bar during the week so Im sure thats going to play in it as well