• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The 24 Hour GSS Bitch Fest Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmc

Love the Sundown backdrop! Well-played. I agree. You should continue these after the Free GSS crusade is over.

No... It's only to advance the cause.. Taped recorded reports release on sketchy ski websites going forward... We can't risk a drone(one who drones on and on) taking us out...

tjf67

you do dude

along with HUGE pictures that clog up your precious iphone screen. :razz:

dou........ooops won't go there either.

Ya'll want freedom of speech, freedom of expression, say people get overly sensitive, the mods are too uptight, but the moment one person says the p-word, you threaten law suits and calling the ACLU....chill

Paul said it best

it really is that simple.

I think it is time to moderate the moderator. Do you guys do that?

dmc

He is quite subjective... And tends to poke back after things have passed under the bridge to stir things up...

But really not my decision..

Puck it

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member

contrary to minority opinion, I think I'm speaking for all of the moderators in that we are all most concerned with being members here first and foremost. Moderating isn't something that is really enjoyed, but is necessary in small doses to maintain a reasonably civil atmosphere. The benefit of maintaining that atmosphere is considerable industry involvement and support that simply would not be present in a site like NSZ. Is it subjective, yep. So are the rules in all walks of life.

As for my comments you quoted, call it a bit of humor to point out the rather obvious hypocrisy of many of the folks who are being so vocal in their dislike of recent decisions. You sir, are further proving my point by quoting me. Thank you!

Grassi21

I was thinking the same thing. There is no way that map makes it look like that place has a 475' vertical...unless of course that map was made on a 1:1 scale!

The mighty Ski Sundown actually has 600+ feet of vert. Feel the fun bitches! ;-)

tjf67

contrary to minority opinion, I think I'm speaking for all of the moderators in that we are all most concerned with being members here first and foremost. Moderating isn't something that is really enjoyed, but is necessary in small doses to maintain a reasonably civil atmosphere. The benefit of maintaining that atmosphere is considerable industry involvement and support that simply would not be present in a site like NSZ. Is it subjective, yep. So are the rules in all walks of life.

As for my comments you quoted, call it a bit of humor to point out the rather obvious hypocrisy of many of the folks who are being so vocal in their dislike of recent decisions. You sir, are further proving my point by quoting me. Thank you!

Darn it I hate proving point. BLAH BLAH BLAH. I did not see an answer to the question in there.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!

Don't kid yourself...industry involvement and support will go to most any website if and when there is skier-traffic and membership support. It's free marketing for ski areas.

tjf67

I sawry, but they don't make glasses to help people read between the lines

Oh so it was a riddle. I am not good at that game. I am really really dumb and do not understand. The questions was do the mods moderate the mods. Thank you in advance for your dumded down answer. You can't resist not answering. HAHA

tcharron

Darn it I hate proving point. BLAH BLAH BLAH. I did not see an answer to the question in there.

Sometimes, the utter lack of response to your question by members speaks much more then ANY official response could.

Status
Not open for further replies.