• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Grateful Thread

deadheadskier

Staff member
John Kadlecik resigning from Dark Star Orchestra. Hopefully this means an extended Further tour in the future. I won't be action the Further shows this time around, but would sure like to. What I've heard of the performances has been the best post Jerry performances.

Dear DSO Fan

Thank you for joining us and being a part of this continuing, long strange trip these past 12 years. Your support and excitement for the music has kept us going strong for over 1700 shows. Throughout the years, we’ve had transitions both difficult and uplifting, yet the positive energy of our fan base has continued to propel our mission onward for performing this important music and for keeping this vibrant scene alive.

That said, we, as a band are entering another chapter in this story.

Dark Star Orchestra’s lead guitarist and one of its founding members, John Kadlecik, has decided to resign from DSO. John’s last show with us will be on December 5 in Buffalo. DSO is supportive of John’s choice and we wish him the very best.

Dark Star Orchestra will continue to bring you this music at its highest level. In our 12 year history we have gone through three drummers, three keyboard players, three bass players and numerous rhythm guitarists and we have always managed to keep improving the sound and the experience. We will be taking on a new player with his own talents and energy and turn yet another chapter in DSO history.

Veteran guitarist Jeff Mattson of the Zen Tricksters and Donna Jean Godchaux Band, will be joining us this week, on the New Year’s Run, Jam Cruise, and for our upcoming Winter Tour that begins in February. We assure you all the things you love about the Dark Star Orchestra experience will continue and we ask for your patience, friendship and positive energy as we keep truckin’ on…

Vortex

I think most of us expected this.

JK did a recent interview where he said he would not comment about his future.

Kind of could see where that was going.

Rumors are out about a Feb tour. Maybe a summer tour and then just maybe the End of Phil on the road regularly, that too makes sense.

I will be in Ct and that is it for the late fall tour for me

Every know and then I say this is it for me. DMC brings me back to my senses. This could be the last time, I don't know...... Running out of touring money and energy at the same time in my life.

dmc

Hard to believe Phil turns 70 next year.
Mindblower...

but

Phish is touring... No Dead stuff... Got Smallbany Friday and Sat after TDay and MSG the next weekend..

I'm not really %100 down with the Furthur thing - I was JUST listening to them on Sirius... Was digging the help>slip>Franklins... Unbroken Chain... At first I thought it was 90's GD...
Yes it sounds good... buuuuut... there's nothing really original about the great sound... It's almost too much like Jerry.. I pine for the days of PLQ with Herring or Kimock or Scofield or Trucks or Warren on guitar... With Rob on keys...

I like the hardcore sonic exploration.. where the music dissolves into nothing only to get rebuilt into something different...

Psyched to jam this week....

dmc

Mentioned this in another music thread, but the big discovery this past weekend at Strangecreek was Zach Deputy. Saw both his afternoon and late night sets.

Think Keller Williams looping prowess, but better vocals, guitar leads and a more roots/reggae format

If he's at a club near you....definitely check him out.

http://www.zachdeputy.com/

Just saw him the other night after the Phish show... Well done...cool stuff

Vortex

I did the c/c mail order thing for manchester nh. Anything else gets in the way of ski turns. I bought he early bird specail this morning for the gathering of the vibes. Can't do any more concert stuff its time to finish off x-mass shopping. Looking forward to the 11th in wallingford.

deadheadskier

Staff member
missed mail order, but will be doing general on sale for Manchester. On the fence for Vibes. Kind of want to see if there will be a Northeast Phish fest this summer.

Grassi21

Just downloaded Derek Trucks Live at Georgia Theatre. Very very pleased. Leaving Truck and Sonido Alegre are my frontrunners so far.