• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Grateful Thread

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
2nd set so far:

King solomon's marbles
He's gone
New potato caboose
The other one
Days between

Reuban and cherise and king sol's marbles are the highlights so far. Bobby traded verses with John during Ramble on and he's gone. Disappointing that John did'nt sing those songs alone.

marcski

After Days...they did a Scarlet, Fire and ended the set with Cold, Rain and Snow. Touch was the encore.

Good show. Great sound and feel with John on guitar and vocals. Horrible venue for a show. I'm not sure if you've ever seen a show at the Hammerstein, but when its crowded like last night (sold out, lots of people looking for tix outside) its just awful. Crowded, packed like sardines, can't really see very well, etc. etc. Nokia is a much better place for a GA show, although, it's smaller. After last night's show, I'm really psyched to see them again at Radio City in February.

(ps. I may have transposed the order of the first set songs...I wrote that from memory during the setbreak!)

deadheadskier

Staff member
looks like a nice show. I was kind of hoping for a Prudence or a nod of some sort to Lennon considering the date.

marcski

A few more things are coming back into my mind now from last night..

Phil didn't look great. He looked a bit pale (although I was never that close to the stage) and he was definitely thin. He's starting to look like a 70 y.o. guy, who happens to have had a liver transplant and prostate cancer! John was smiling and was awesome. Definitely the closest sound to Jerry that I've heard...with regards to his playing and vocals. For the last part of the 1st set and most of the 2nd, Bobby was playing this pink (pepto bismol) colored what looked like a Fender. Jay Lane was on percussion and was bouncing around all night. (in a good way!).

Edit:
Ahh, now I see Jay Lane is on the band's website..I didn't realize that he was playing with them for the entire show.

Last edited:

Vortex

Nicely done Marcski. Some reports blasted JK. I want to go in with an open mind. DMC with the understament of recent Dead posts.:wink:

Only trip to the hammerstein was Phil and friends with Barrly larry, and Joan.

I was upstairs all 3 nights. Kewl set up with the bar up there. Met up with Beano there one night. If I was on the floor I would have seen shoulder blades. I thought Phil was looking weathered on the spring tour. Man I hope I can still be living it up near 70 years of age.

Vortex

I think Phil is done after the summer tour period. So I say no. We may see a few Warren sit in deals. Not sure where he is this week, but all these shows are in the Ny area, seems like time for a guest visit.

Vortex

Donna the Buffalo with Lil feet

ski season really limits my shows. The Colonial theater in keene NH may be the nicest small refurbished place in the north east.. I saw Hunter play there.

below is the e-mail blast I got.

We're excited to kick off 2010 with an appearance on Nashville's Music
City Roots and some dates with Little Feat!

January

6 Music City Roots Nashville, TN
8 Water Street Rochester, NY with Little Feat
9 Westcott Theater with Sim Redmond Band
10 Kent Stage
12 New York Cultural Society with Little Feat
15 Colonial Theater Keene, NH with Little Feat
16 Pearl Street Northampton, MA
28 Orange Peel Ashevile, NC with the Believers
29-30 Lincoln Theater Raleigh, NC with the Believers
31 Music Farm Charleston, SC with the Believers

February

4 Jefferson Theater Charlottesville, VA
5 Neighborhood Theater Charlotte, NC
6 Variety Playhouse Atlanta, GA
11 Boulton Center for the Arts Bay Shore, NY
12 Revolution Hall Troy, NY
13 18th Annual Mardi Gras Ball Cranston, RI

Vortex

That was the music today thing right? no e-mails from GDTS too yet for me.

Rumors out on the dog board that Pittsburg is on the summer Tour list for Furthur. All I care is that there are a few outdoor shows. I hope two nighst at the vibes. Seeing I already paid for those tickets.:smile:

I was listening to the Dec 13th Ashbury show on sirius this am. Franklins' had some realy nice guitar work. Bobby sang on 1/2 of us Blues.

The Ct show I saw was hot. Set list was nothing special, but the Jams had smiles on the stage and in the isles.