• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 1/3 Storm Discussion Thread

Greg

Staff member
Snow just got started here: 34*F. Calling for 6-12" for our area. May try to make it out to Sundown for a night powder session tomorrow night...
:beer:

Greg

Staff member
thetrailboss said:
Trace to nothing up here in the forecast :roll:
Come south tomorrow and meet me for some night skiing! :lol: :wink:

Mark_151

When's it supposed to start getting heavy in Central Mass? Morning or afternoon? Is a sick day called for to ski Wa Wa in the morning or am I better off heading over early afternoon or evening?

Mark -- bad case of the runs coming on......

thetrailboss

Staff member
Greg said:
thetrailboss said:
Trace to nothing up here in the forecast :roll:
Come south tomorrow and meet me for some night skiing! :lol: :wink:

Would if I could, but it conflicts with my curling tournament :lol: :wink:

Seriously...tomorrow we're going south to Sunapee for morning turns and then I'm taking a breather before heading N to Burke on Thurs/Fri.

Greg

Staff member
30 degrees and 1" at 9 pm. Still calling for up to a foot.

skijay

35 degrees and heavy rain @ 9:45pm. (by BDL - the Hartford / Springfield airport).

I wish I was going to the Berks tonight for a few days.

Zand

It's been snowing for 2 hours here in Leicester and it's coming down pretty good. Forecast is for 10-15". Another system is forecasted to come through Thursday, then another Saturday, then another Monday. :eek:

JBHeadParrot

6+ Inches in Farmington CT

Here in Farminton, CT we have 6+ inches and counting. This snow is like Sierra Nevada Cement! Very heavy, no powder skiing on this stuff. Tree limbs are down, power lines should follow. No school for the kids today. The driving stinks too, but the white stuff is nice to see!

Greg

Staff member
Picked up another 8" overnight...still snowing.

Vortex

I had 2 inches in Nashua. It was light snow in Bedford NH and south last night as I drove home around 10.30pm. Nothing north of there NCP big time in Boston right know.

Sparky

We have 5" to 7" inches here at 6:00AM. Very wet and heavy. It's still snowing and we are on the edge of the 7"to 15" area. It looks like Jiminy is well in the 7"to 15" zone. I'll be over there tonight.

ctenidae

Rain started in Boston around 8.30 last night, switched to mix at 11, back to rain sometime overnight. Ugly stuff.

Greg

Staff member
Just finished round one of snow-blowing the driveway. Looks to be a solid 9 or 10" of wet snow so far with some heavier stuff on its way in:

hfd.gif

Should be a great night for night skiing in the Litchfield Hills and Berkshires. I bet the Catskills are making out well today too!

ski_adk

Jiminy Peak Tonight?

Anyone gonna be heading over to Jiminy Peak tonight? I should be there around 7 or so. It would be my pleasure to share some turns with some folks.

Greg

Staff member
Re: Jiminy Peak Tonight?

ski_adk said:
Anyone gonna be heading over to Jiminy Peak tonight? I should be there around 7 or so. It would be my pleasure to share some turns with some folks.
I wish. Should be fantastic up there. Gonna hit Sundown which is local for me.

highpeaksdrifter

Re: Jiminy Peak Tonight?

ski_adk said:

I'll be there 4 - 8. I chaparone a high school ski club. This is our first night this season. Perfect timing. :D

ski_adk

The little people invasion begins tonight? Oh well, they always make great slalom poles! ;)

loafer89

I just got home from a half day at work since it is not that busy this week, and it was 39F and raining on the south shore and here at home it is 33F and snowing on the north shore of Long Island :D

Greg

Staff member
Ended up with about a foot. Should be a fun night skiing the crud at Sundown...