• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 12/19/08 Storm Discussion Thread

davidhowland14

Website
www.frigidlight.com
Turned from light snow to dumping in the MRV about twenty minutes ago. I know we're only supposed to get 5-8, but it looks pretty serious at the moment. :snow:

THAT'S what I wanted to hear! :snow: :snow: puking on the cape right now. calling for 9-14". No one here knows what to do. I'm under house arrest because even going anywhere near when it's snowing could cause death.

30 degrees and freezing rain..it looks like a possible changeover back to snow this evening..alot more precipitation on the way..

31 degrees..moderate freezing rain...between a tenth and two tenths of an inch of ice in the past hour..I can hear my neighbors chipping away at the ice on their windshields..I have a pair of crampons at work that I've used before setting monuments on a hill so I won't slip..I might have to pick those up and walk around the hood.

Zand

Been dumping here for the better part of the last 2 hours. A few inches already and no stop in sight. 8-16" is the NOAA forecast here. After that, bring on Sunday!

denvervega

About 6 in. on the ground here ("here" is almost exactly halfway btwn. Plattekill & Belleayre), but slowing down. Fine sugar falling as I write. Hopefully it will recharge & dump some more.

FRITOLAYGUY

looks like u guys are getting blasted up there especially SNE as i type this in 81degreen in flip flops and shorts on my patio the ski bug is finally getting to me, it will be nice to ski again in Feb when im back up there hopefully there will be a nice storm like this one during that time.

It's been absolutely dumping here on teh cape for about 5 1/2 hours not. About 7 inches of heavy pow on the ground now. 30 mph winds along the coast = mad drifting tomorrow morning.

The weather channel was saying Blizzard conditions in your area....Right now it's 30 degrees and all the slop on the ground is freezing solid..I don't plan on driving anywhere tonight..the roads are slick and I don't want some random idiot sliding into me..I can walk to Dunkin Donuts..

davidhowland14

Website
www.frigidlight.com
The weather channel was saying Blizzard conditions in your area....Right now it's 30 degrees and all the slop on the ground is freezing solid..I don't plan on driving anywhere tonight..the roads are slick and I don't want some random idiot sliding into me..I can walk to Dunkin Donuts..

I would agree with that forecast lol. it's a little under 30 here, but all the snow is staying dry and is packing down fairly well.

Snow's still coming down, looking great! Going to go out in a little while and take pictures of the lights on the bushes under the snow!

Me too. I love snow.