• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Truth!

glad u enjoyed that sandwichman seriously no matter how bad u are jonesin for turns is it really feasible for u to waste all that time in a car from PA, Gas, food etc to pay that amount for the terrain they are offering seriously?

What the hell else am I going to do Sunday if I'm not skiing??? It's only money..One day when I'm on my deathbed..I'm not going to think..wow I wish I had that $65 from the day at Killington!!!. They are offering 1600something vert..that's good..

Lift ticket to Killington: $65
My Share of a hotel room in Rutland: $50
Dinner at the Sirloin Saloon: $40
Tank of gas: $35
2nd ski day of the season November 2nd..Priceless..

Any skiing I do before Thanksgiving is a bonus...time to rest up for my drive to Vermont..

I'm happy that Rime, Reason and Great Northern will all be open from the top and maybe another run or two so it's not just going to be one white ribbon until near the bottom...So Stoked for tomorrow!!!!

madskier6

Love the John Lennon lyrics, Andy. Especially appropriate for this thread. Good job!

Im sick and tired of hearing things
From uptight, short-sighted, narrow-minded hypocritics
All I want is the truth
Just gimme some truth
Ive had enough of reading things
By neurotic, psychotic, pig-headed politicians
All I want is the truth
Just gimme some truth

No short-haired, yellow-bellied, son of tricky dicky
Is gonna mother hubbard soft soap me
With just a pocketful of hope
Money for dope
Money for rope

With just a pocketful of soap
Money for dope
Money for rope

Im sick to death of seeing things
From tight-lipped, condescending, mamas little chauvinists
All I want is the truth
Just gimme some truth now

Ive had enough of watching scenes
Of schizophrenic, ego-centric, paranoiac, prima-donnas
All I want is the truth now
Just gimme some truth

With just a pocketful of soap
Its money for dope
Money for rope

Ah, Im sick and tired of hearing things
From uptight, short-sighted, narrow-minded hypocrites

Ive had enough of reading things
By neurotic, psychotic, pig-headed politicians

All I want is the truth
Just gimme some truth
All I want is the truth
Just gimme some truth

BigK

What the hell else am I going to do Sunday if I'm not skiing??? It's only money..One day when I'm on my deathbed..I'm not going to think..wow I wish I had that $65 from the day at Killington!!!. They are offering 1600something vert..that's good..

Any skiing I do before Thanksgiving is a bonus...time to rest up for my drive to Vermont..

Sirloin Saloon went out of business.

roark

Seriously..well then I'll hit up somewhere else..there's a place you can get lobster pretty cheap across from the Travel Inn in East Rutland,,

Lobstah is darn cheap right now, really hurting the fisherman but the good part is I can go to the local joint and have one (I admit, a small one), for ~$6!

FRITOLAYGUY

I hear ya steez its just alot of time and $ for what your getting.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Sirloin Saloon went out of business.

That's a bummer...the wife had her sweet 16 party there in 1971....fast forward to the GSS era, it had a great salad bar.

Course, knowing that the MacDonalds practically next door is one that has that big playpen, I'm surprised that GSS chose the Sirloin Saloon over that. :wink: :wink:

Originally Posted by mattchuck2
There is absolutely no way that I could justify spending that kind of money to ski K on November 1st.
That's good; they don't open until November 2nd, could you justify it then?

This is one tough crowd LMAO

there's a place you can get lobster pretty cheap across from the Travel Inn in East Rutland,,
You mean the Weathervane chain restaurant?

Last edited:

bvibert

Staff member
Haha, well that's a different story!!!

Actually, I just really don't like Killington . . . $50 is my limit on that mountain, even when it's fully open . . . That means I don't ski it at all unless I can get a super deal.

I hear ya, I feel the same way. Actually that's about my limit for any mountain.

Geoff

We're opening Sunday at 10 a.m. with top-to-bottom skiing and riding served by the K-1 Gondola and the Northridge Triple.
That's right, our elevation advantage, snowmaking firepower and dedicated mountain operations staff will provide you early-season skiing and riding on up to 6 trails.
We will remain open so long as we can provide a quality skiing and riding experience!
:beer::daffy::spread::snow:

That's impossible. You posted here that it takes 10 days of snowmaking to get Killington open. The guns didn't turn on until Wednesday morning.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
Lobstah is darn cheap right now, really hurting the fisherman but the good part is I can go to the local joint and have one (I admit, a small one), for ~$6!

Any lobster you buy helps the lobstermen. They have gotten thru many price swings over the years but the main reason for their troubles currently is the frozen credit thing.

A big chunk of the lobster landed out of Maine are sold to big processors up in Canada. Right now those processors cannot get the money they usually get to buy Maine lobster so demand is way down. In the past low prices increased demand so as long as the Maine lobstermen had decent landings, not a big problem.

The real whacky thing is that the Canadian processors are tied to banks in Iceland, of all places. The entire banking system of Iceland shutdown a couple of weeks ago. The first country to go down in this credit crisis and hopefully the only one.

It looks like the credit freeze is starting to thaw out and sooner rather than later Canadian processors will be able to start buying Maine lobster again and things will be better. Course, the price will go back up but that's okay.

So..eat a lobster, help a lobsterman. GSS...eat a couple for me! :D while your staying in the Rut and skiing at kmart... so my post is not such a bad hijack. :wink:

mondeo

That's impossible. You posted here that it takes 10 days of snowmaking to get Killington open. The guns didn't turn on until Wednesday morning.

I was waiting for someone to mention that.

But 12" at the top = 5 days of snowmaking!

bobbutts

so I'm guessing I can't get $15 off with my Sunday River pass during the week when SR is closed? Could I use my weekday only Sunday River pass for $15 off tomorrow even though my pass isn't valid tomorrow at SR?
heh.. that deal really couldn't be more useless either way.

BigK

I was told it was closed by someone who lives in Rutland. They might be open now, but I believe they were closed waiting for the sale to finalize to open back up.