• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

TR: Edge Tune

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
I think Jeff was inhaling some wax fumes last night with a few cold ones!. Either that or its really cold and windy out there this morning. :snow::cool::snow:

lol3.gif

drjeff

I think Jeff was inhaling some wax fumes last night with a few cold ones!. Either that or its really cold and windy out there this morning. :snow::cool::snow:

COLD AND WINDY!! Plus the fact that my townhouse complex had its once a year private "AM EXPRESS" at Mount Snow today where we got to get on the hill 30 min (2 runs) before lifts opened to the public at 8 today and the Bluebird Express and its WARM bubbles weren't quite ready to load at 7:30 so we rode the Grand Summit Express in wind chills well into the double digits below 0 this AM had me more than willing to take some LONG breaks this AM! ;)

jrmagic

Thanks for the report! I'm very interested in this product though I will likely wait and see how you like it after several tunes. That cncave edge is perfect for the conditions we have had this year but I think I would want to flatten that out a bit on all but the hardest days.

SKIQUATTRO

i havent been getting a great edge while hand tuning....then it dawned on my i havent scrapped my sidewalls..sidewall planer on order, i'm sure that'll solve the issue....i do like the idea of the dremel attachment.

drjeff

Thanks for the report! I'm very interested in this product though I will likely wait and see how you like it after several tunes. That cncave edge is perfect for the conditions we have had this year but I think I would want to flatten that out a bit on all but the hardest days.

Yup, been thinking about that, especially since the families skis are headed out to Utah in 2 weeks. My wife actually asked me to NOT tune hers with the edge tune before we ski in VT next weekend, so that her edges will be as she put it "a more normal sharpness" when he hit the hopefully softer snow in Utah :) Just going to pass the medium grit gummi stones in my ski sharp for next weekend in VT

drjeff

Doc...how's the new toy still treating you?

Going to fire it back up Friday evening when I get back upto VT. I actually just used a diamond stone in my Ski Visions Ski Sharp before I sent my families skis to Utah for our vacation last week, as my wife and I almost felt that the concave edge profile that the Edge Tune gave might actually be too aggressive for the soft snow in Utah!

A freshly Edge Tuned edge will be on our skis this Saturday when I take the kids up to Killington for the Mountain Dew Vertical Challenge qualifier race and then cruising aroudn Mount Snow on Sunday and Monday

SKIQUATTRO

DOC...still eyeing this toy, esp for my daughters race skis...

let me know your thoughts as you've now had it a while and have played with it....

SKIQUATTRO

i have the craftsman version of the dremel with a threaded collar so it should work...

SKIQUATTRO

sparks are a flyin'.....takes some time to dial in, but once done its a nice sharp edge....been practicing on some older, out of service skis, working well.....will start hitting the quiver in the next week or so...

Madroch

thinking about one of these.. but concerned about my aptitude level. I hand tune but can never get that riding on rails edge I got from ski shop tunes. Moreover, seems like it is really hard in my area to get a good tune these days... got two poor tunes last year from two different shops-

Madroch

On it... Prolly should pick up a sidewall planer also..

Madroch

Just ordered one, and a base flattener-- I had been hand filing, but this should help. Now, all I need is a sidewall planer.....

SKIQUATTRO

will take some time to get the feel of it and get the results you are looking for ,,,, practice on old skis first and dont rush