• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tug hill vs northern VT forecast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowlover

Finally, if Snow Ridge does, in fact, receive such massive amounts of deep powder, doesn't the lack of pitch prevent you from actually skiing it? Wouldn't that require Snow Ridge to groom it out to make it skiable? Which, of course, defeats your original claim of Utah-like pow skiing in Tug Hill.
You don't need a really steep pitch to ski pow. Just check trip reports others have posted and numerous video's I've posted in the past.
Get a pair of heavily rockered 115's and you can ski pow on moderate slopes EASILY AND HAVE A TON OF FUN. 100 aint fat. What do you think they do out west when there's avalanche danger? They ski less steep stuff.

I've already posted all the answers to your questions in numberous other threads on numerous websites. I'm not rehashing it out again. Check the buffalo national weather service. They have everything you need. I'm not doing it for you.

Snowlover

I went on the Snow Ridge website to try & get some visual confirmation of your claim, but their cam is down. I tried over & over, but no luck. Which is odd, as today is one of the weekdays they aren't actually closed.
Here, you give it a try: http://www.snowridge.com/

You freely interchange 'Snow Ridge' and 'Tug Hill,' but Tug Hill is a huge area extending over four (4) counties: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tug_Hill
Are you claiming that your huge snow totals apply to the entirety of Tug Hill, or only Snow Ridge? If you're claiming the entire 4 county area, can you provide specific snow totals on specific dates throughout the ski season for all towns encompassed in the Tug Hill region? *lLOL! So stupid!*

Finally, if Snow Ridge does, in fact, receive such massive amounts of deep powder, doesn't the lack of pitch prevent you from actually skiing it? Wouldn't that require Snow Ridge to groom it out to make it skiable? Which, of course, defeats your original claim of Utah-like pow skiing in Tug Hill.
God is this a dumb post.

Cornhead

Domeskier

Just when I thought this thread was beginning to lose steam!

Snowlover

If? LOL!
No the tug hill gets No powder!
Yes they groom EVERYTHING flat. LMAO!

I've skied pow at powder ridge, which is incredibly flat. Flatter than mt southington. Slow of course, but still fun. Snow ridge is MUCH steeper than that.

See this is the type of imbecile statements I have to deal with on here.

Snowlover

That post by legalskier was so dumb I'm wondering it was a "real" post or someone just trying to light a fire

Snowlover

Now you're just blatantly trying to put on probation/banned :roll:. That's right... I keep feeding the troll hoping he dies of e-gastrointestinal issues.

So he's right then? They groom everything flat at snow ridge? Tug hill doesn't get a lot powder? You can't ski pow at snow ridge?

That shouldn't get me banned. I call it like I see it.

Snowlover

I'm a troll because I think snow ridge gets more snow than northern vt and you can ski pow on moderate slopes? Remember this asinine debate before?

Snowlover

No, can you refresh my memory?

It's called a search function. Can you handle that with your limited IQ?

Aww did I hurt your feelings talking about your little shit home state of Vermont? I'm soooo sorry. Can't handle that you don't the big snows like out west? :(
(note I actually like vermont, but no comparison to west or tug hill)

Douche

bvibert

Staff member
So he's right then? They groom everything flat at snow ridge? Tug hill doesn't get a lot powder? You can't ski pow at snow ridge?

That shouldn't get me banned. I call it like I see it.

You can call it like you see it all you want without resorting to name calling. You've already been put on timeout once, the next step is a permanent ban.

So, either find a way to act like a civil human being, get lost, or we will do it for you. The choice is yours.

snoseek

I predict this becomes a 20 page circular conversation. Seems familiar.

Northern Vt gets the snow AND has the terrain, that is why people flock there.

Well, if this don't lock up then I'm taking the claim for calling this thread from the start

Snowlover

You can call it like you see it all you want without resorting to name calling. You've already been put on timeout once, the next step is a permanent ban.

So, either find a way to act like a civil human being, get lost, or we will do it for you. The choice is yours.

i WAS JUST banned again?

Ok no name calling. I will take a break from this now anyway. Time to slay dat pow!

legalskier

I've already posted all the answers to your questions in numberous other threads on numerous websites. I'm not rehashing it out again. Check the buffalo national weather service. They have everything you need. I'm not doing it for you.

I have no intention of doing your research for you. You're the one making the claims, thus you're the one with the burden of proof.

A burden which you cannot sustain because of the essential flaw in your argument from the start-- i.e. that large areas like jay Peak allegedly do not receive as much snow as they claim because a different region, Tug Hill, receives a lot of snow.

This is what's called a non sequitur.

Snowlover

I have no intention of doing your research for you. You're the one making the claims, thus you're the one with the burden of proof.

A burden which you cannot sustain because of the essential flaw in your argument from the start-- i.e. that large areas like jay Peak allegedly do not receive as much snow as they claim because a different region, Tug Hill, receives a lot of snow.

This is what's called a non sequitur.
I think you're baiting me. You have way too many posts on here to make the statements you made. You must have checked trip reports.

Direct any questions about how snow ridge MUST groom everything flat towards cornhead. LOL

Cornhead

Funny thing is, they did groom between dumps, that's why the snow was only 4', not the 5 1/2' that fell over three days. If they hadn't groomed a strip on the edge of each trail, it would be unskiable. Snowboarders, especially light ones, were the trailblazers that day. See, snowboarders are good for something. :D

Snow Ridge is not above inflating snowfall claims either, I skied there once this year after a claimed 14" snowfall, it was more like 8-10", it's just a fact of life. That's one thing AZ is good for, honest condition reports from fellow members, that, and playing with trolls!;)

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

VTKilarney

I'm perfectly content allowing Snowlover to get one over on all of us by skiing Snow Ridge exclusively while the rest of us are forced to suffer by skiing at Jay Peak, Stowe, and other such areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.