• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

U.S. GOpen™ of Snowboarding at Ski Sundown - March 14th

Greg

Staff member
Jarrod - you guys just kill it with unique events. I love the bumps and all, but you guys really know how to go beyond just skiing and snowboarding and make Sundown just a fun place to be! My little one loved Wild West Day. Nice job. Can't wait for "S7"! :)

gmcunni

GET READY FOR THE ON-SNOW FREAK SHOW! March 14th 2009 will mark the first annual U.S. GOpen™ of Snowboarding at Ski Sundown in New Hartford, CT. The U.S. GOpen™ is an open invitation event that will bend your cranium with original on-snow antics for all. The Laugh-Pipe™ jam will be held in Southern New England’s only mini pipe modeled after the halfpipes of yester-year complete with highway hits and jibs.

mini-pipe??? that's not lame! ;-)

danny p

mini-pipes rock! more places need to jump on that bandwagon. not everyone wants to air out on 20 foot walls!

drjeff

mini-pipes rock! more places need to jump on that bandwagon. not everyone wants to air out on 20 foot walls!

+1

Spending almost all my on hill days at an area fortunate enough to have both a mini pipe (8 fooot walls) and a superpipe (18 foot walls) - there's ALOT more folks using the mini than the super on a daily basis. The superpipe when used "properly" tends to be filled with Mount Snow Academy kids and skiers/riders doing some type of photo shoot