• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Unofficial Sugarloaf Report

wa-loaf

Good stuff! They also have a nice pick on Sugarloaf Today of the Boss Hog Cam:

bosshogg-cam-11-02-2007.jpg

twinplanx

Speakin of Blue ...was there in early January last year and they had this huge pile of snow at the top kinda up past the lift sorta tucked away in a corner ... What was that all about?

Speakin of Blue ...was there in early January last year and they had this huge pile of snow at the top kinda up past the lift sorta tucked away in a corner ... What was that all about?

They stockpile snow at the top and if there's a warm spell or rain..they groom it over thin/bare areas...I might write a few reports this year..lol..or just copy/paste my reports from pasr

Old Geezer

Here's the more likely explanation. Blue claims they have the most vertical in PA, and best the second place contender by a mere 10 feet. Me and my old timer skiing buddies all surmise you have to climb up that snow pile to get the extra 10 feet, and they do it just to be able to claim the title "most vert in...".

Blue Knob All Seasons Resort Claysburg, Pennsylvania Map 34 1,072'
Blue Mountain Ski Area Palmerton, Pennsylvania Map 30 1,082'

Source: http://skiing.alpinezone.com/resorts/?state=PA

Here's the more likely explanation. Blue claims they have the most vertical in PA, and best the second place contender by a mere 10 feet. Me and my old timer skiing buddies all surmise you have to climb up that snow pile to get the extra 10 feet, and they do it just to be able to claim the title "most vert in...".

Blue Knob All Seasons Resort Claysburg, Pennsylvania Map 34 1,072'
Blue Mountain Ski Area Palmerton, Pennsylvania Map 30 1,082'

Source: http://skiing.alpinezone.com/resorts/?state=PA

You're wrong..remember the 1082 figure is for the quad..the six pack is 1052 which is what I take the most to eliminate the flat at the top..But when I keep track of my vert I round it down to 1050 or 1080 for the quad and give the extra 2 feet to charity:smash:

bosshogg

thanks for the video reports!

Can you turn up the video quality a bit and turn off the opacity on the video player so you can't see the trail map right through it?
I guess there's some rule that page design has to be obnoxious on myspace

Thanks, Bob. I guess you get what you pay for.

;-)

Angus

Boss Hogg - are you the same weatherman that does the forecast for a radio station out of Skowhegan?

bobbutts

hey it's way way better than no report and the thanks was genuine

since I'm a jerk I have a hard time with constructive critcism