• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

VAIL SUCKS

oldfartrider

I day tripped Stowe today. Live in Nashua. What a great day with super nice soft snow and no lift lines. Put in over 25k vert in 5 hours.

IceEidolon

I have day tripped Killington and Magic (separately) with about a five hour drive each way. It's definitely not for everyone, even for me it's a once a season thing.

Geoff

Sunapee is 2 1/2 and Mount Snow is 3 1/4. I’ve been doing those as day trips. It’s a pretty big change from the condo I owned at Killington for 28 years and share houses before that. The skiing has sucked so there was no point in doing multiple days for white ribbon of death.

Kingslug20

Now my summer racing will be 4 hours away..get up and go at 3am...race all day..go home..collapse.
Most people think racing is not tiring...oh..its bloody exhausting..not as much as mogul skiing for sure..but you feel it later.
I dont find driving tiring though..traffic...that sux..that can kill a good day..

PAabe

Now my summer racing will be 4 hours away..get up and go at 3am...race all day..go home..collapse.
Most people think racing is not tiring...oh..its bloody exhausting..not as much as mogul skiing for sure..but you feel it later.
I dont find driving tiring though..traffic...that sux..that can kill a good day..
Yeah cruising along I dont mind at all, a busy highlight full of cars passing and merging and slowing down and speeding up is a massive pain though

Best time to drive is early before morning rush hour or late way after evening rush hour - crank up the tunes, sit back, relax, and cruise

snoseek

You think they are giving away free lift tickets? We’re talking about Vail….
They were actively refunding ticket buyers at crotched last week when the lifts broke. Its like they know its become bad but its midseason and they cant do shit about it but throw vouchers.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I decided to get a motorcycle after a 22 year break...zx6R...
They have a track near oneonta you can fly around on...scary fun

Give any thoughts to moving that activity to Loudon NH? Only about 2:15 from Williston vs 4 hours to Oneonta. I have a business associate who trains and races out of Loudon on a similar style bike.

bigbob

Sunapee is 2 1/2 and Mount Snow is 3 1/4. I’ve been doing those as day trips. It’s a pretty big change from the condo I owned at Killington for 28 years and share houses before that. The skiing has sucked so there was no point in doing multiple days for white ribbon of death.
So how come you aren't in Colorado? Did you accept the job offer?

ctdubl07

House to house is about 1.50 hrs. The only hell is the 40 min or so with no data.
Then the kids start getting on my nerves and I want to leave them on the roadside.