• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Wanted - Ski Gear for two year old

ga2ski

Wanted - Ski Gear for two year old.
Anyone have any gear for two-year-old that they want to part with? Yes I'll pay for it.
I need it all:
Helmet
Boots (size 7 or 8) as he is currently in Size 6 shoe now
skis
Harness
googles

PM me if you have anything.
Thanks!!!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I would suggest trying to hit up one of those ski swaps in the fall. We got our kiddos a pair of skis for $10! The topsheets are pretty beat up (and the skis themselves are a little long right now) but what a deal! Boots were $25.

drjeff

Check out your local ski shops and ask if they have a seasonal lease. I've done this with my kids for their first few ski seasons. The shop I get most of my stuff at by Mount Snow, Equipe Sport, charges if I remember correctly $125ish for a full season lease (basically Nov 1st to May 1st) for skis, boots (and if they need them poles), plus if your kid hits a mega growth sport mid season and needs either new boots or skis, you just swap them out. Then at the end of it all, you're not stuck with a bunch of 70cm skis and mini boots.

mishka

I have Rossi cobra 110cm slightly used without bindings . I understand they are little bit too long for now ... will be okay before you know it. Free

tree_skier

Look at the labor/columbus day sales. You should be able to find the off lease stuff for less then the season lease. Get the tip ties and a harness, helmet, googles and waterproof clothes along with skis no longer then top of head preferably nose height.

At the age of 2, get the shortest pair you can find...70cm usually. My daughter was 3' tall at 2 and about 39" when she got out last winter, her 70cm skis came to her chin. The guidelines of nose to forehead height don't apply to toddlers who are just beginning...the shorter ski will be easier to walk on, less likely to get them tripped up. Rossi makes a 67cm ski that has scales on the base like the kick section of a XC ski...I'm not a big Rossi fan, but those are the best little kids skis I've seen...they had Dora the Explorer on them...instant hit. My daughter had a much easier time walking on those borrowed skis than she did on the pair that I bought for her. Ga2...you're at Sunday River right...you should be able to grab a pair of the Sponge Bob Rossis (same deal as the Dora skis) from Greg Leutje. Boot size sounds like a 15.5...go see Greg in the rental dept, you can probably work out a seasonal deal for cheap money. The handle made by KidSki is key too!

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
I agree with our friendly neighborhood dentist...leasing is the way to go. Can usually get new (or a couple of years old) equipment, no worries about it, they'll even swap out the boot in march for a larger size if you need to!. Been doing it the last 2 years and will do it for the next decade or so!