• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Waterville Valley 11-18-07

Charlie Schuessler

Waterville Valley 11-18-07

Temp 25° Blue Sky & Sunny

Trails Open: 1 High Country

Chairs Operating: High Country & Super Quad

Snowmaking going on closed trails from top to bottom.

WV opened early this year and had the quad open to take skiers and riders (not very many Sunday morning) up to the High Country chair for short runs. The snow cover was very good a mixture of natural and blown. When done you had to ride the quad down.

First day out I made ten runs and called it a day in less than two hours. Everyone I spoke with had a smile and welcomed the first days of the year.

The region had snow fall this week and they’re making snow for next week.

Greg

Staff member
Nice. Let's stay injury free this year, okay?

Charlie Schuessler

Charlie seeing you get out is great. How did the your shoulder feel?

Everything feels good as new...especially the gray matter...

This is the first time I began a ski season at Waterville Valley, with the wonderfull weather this weekend, it is a rather nice... :)

Zand

Pretty core going up to Waterville just to ski High Country. I could barely take it for 2 runs up there... I can't imagine 10.

JohnM440

I was there for opening day, the conditions were pretty good at first, then when the noon crowd came the conditions went down a bit and we spent more time in lift lines / on the lift than actually skiing. At around 1 the crowds settled and I got my legs back into the groove of things :).

I will be either there or Loon this coming Saturday ,depending which has more terrain open (hoping for top to bottom).

Lol and yes, got very repetitive skiing High Country from 8-3 but hey, it was skiing, and any skiing is better than me sitting ont he forums drooling at others' trip reports :).

Last edited: