• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Waterville valley for mlk?

camberstick

With the current meltdown I'm canceling my trip next weekend to Jay. Waterville seems to have half the mountain open.would I be crazy to try and go there on my indie pass? How bad will the crowds be?

Mum skier

I am wondering about an Indy day there on Sunday or Monday. I know the “popular“ response on this group is “don’t ski weekends or holidays“ but between school, jobs and non-skiing sports competition schedule there are few options left for us. Thinking Monday may be quieter than the weekend.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

With the current meltdown I'm canceling my trip next weekend to Jay. Waterville seems to have half the mountain open.would I be crazy to try and go there on my indie pass? How bad will the crowds be?
Are you aware it is blacked out on standard IndyPass that weekend

Only options in VT and NH are Black, Jay and Bolton.
Also some options in Maine, and West and Greek in NYS.
I am considering flying to Sunlight instead of planned Jay/Bolton trip

camberstick

Crap, I missed them on the blackout list. Was looking for any way to salvage a trip with the kids while they are off. Thanks for the heads up. Rough winter here

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Crap, I missed them on the blackout list. Was looking for any way to salvage a trip with the kids while they are off. Thanks for the heads up. Rough winter here
Might be worth considering buying lift tix for somewhere if you really want to ski in NE with them on their holiday weekend.

Or - if you have not yet used IndyPasses - could upgrade to Indy+ to avoid blackouts