• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Week of Feb 10-16

Huck_It_Baby

Maybe time to start discussing this again? Chatter has picked up following the last couple of model runs.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

I see NOAA giving 50-60 percent chance of snow in various areas of the Greens for tonight-tmw and a 30% for Sat-Sunday. Do you have a link for the models you are looking at?

drjeff

The best thing is that long range models look to have an active second 1/2 of February with cold air around. While we likely won't see a storm equal in magnitude to last weekends blizzard, there looks like favorable patterns for mutliple "normal" winter storms in the next few weeks. And if we can get a few 6-12" storms out of this pattern, March could be very good! :)

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Time to amp it up..

Tim Kelly says:

"The groundhog is either a liar or confused
snow on Friday.. little bit, Saturday, start to get heavier, storm on Saturday, perhaps feet of snow in Maine. I would aim for Sugarloaf, Saddleback for a heavy snow Sat to Sunday. Sunday will blow and snow.that's not the end of it
It's gonna snow next Wednesday, it's gonna snow again next Saturday.
We are looking at a potential snowfall every four days or so right into March.

Hear it for yourself

skitheeast.net/tv/episode/1255218828/tk-snowcast--stuck-at-the-shore

:spread:
There could be a midweek powder day in my future!