• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weekend Thread...11/5 - 11/7

gmcunni

Anybody skiing this weekend? I'm not :-(

Friday - nothing special
Saturday - Mohegan Sun for the night. Hopefully win some $$ so i can buy a ski pass :spread:
Sunday - recovering from hangover, yard work (maybe)

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Fri - working from home, gym
Sat - clean/organize basement. scrape summer wax off skis
Sun - yardwork, gym

WJenness

Friday: Bruins game at a friend's house and prep for Saturday.

Saturday: Run a large collegiate fencing tournament in Western, MA all day.

Sunday: Ski Sunday River (probably about 80% chance of happening).

-w

gorgonzola

work, beer, leaves, hockey, leaves, hockey, beer, chuch, leaves, mtb, take kid back to school, leaves, beer

Terry

Tonght- beer
Tomorrow- deer hunting and beer after
sunday- skiing at sunday river and beer after

drjeff

Tonight - beer now that i'm up in VT
Saturday - finish getting the kids ski gear, help Vcunning move into his place at Mount Snow, then post move in party at Vcunnings with an appearance from Glenn :beer:
Sunday - probably hike for a few turns with the kids in the AM, then home to CT

SKIQUATTRO

Pulled pork and pumpkin ales, fire roaring
Sat.. Verizon 6-8 hr install, leaves, fire pit beer... Mrs quattro into nyc with girlfriends for the night.... Me and the girls just chillin
Sun. Surf or road ride

snoseek

My weekend=sun/mon

Sun-Sunday River, 100% sure on this
Mon-hiking with the dog assuming Sunday River is closed, if not then skiing for sure.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Just home from a kickass Nate Wilson Group show at the Stone Church

tomorrow....errands and chillin'

Sunday = Sunday River to start my season :daffy:

snoseek

Just home from a kickass Nate Wilson Group show at the Stone Church

tomorrow....errands and chillin'

Sunday = Sunday River to start my season :daffy:

Hey! I wear bright red pants and a black coat. I'll be on skis that are entirely too fat for the conditions. Yell brian if you see me!

crank

Friday night, I had practice with my cover band at 7:30 and then a 1 set gig with my original band around11:30 - 12:30. Lots of guitar playing = fun.

Today, raked leaves from 10 - 2. Am going to go out and paint the house now.

Sunday, more painting and an MTB ride, Tivo the Jets game and watch it in the evening.

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
Saturday = Dek Hockey game for my 4 y/o princess (son's team had a bye week). I got piled into the boards while watching the game. Some lady fell off the bleachers while coming down, slammed into my legs and drove my right knee into a metal upright. It was a good hit - I've haven't been checked that hard when actually playing hockey!

Sunday = Possibly heading down to my brother's to hang out and maybe watch the Patriots. If not, maybe mow the yard and clean up a bit. Gutters need cleaning, but I don't know if I'm that ambitious.

4aprice

Friday we made a round trip to Annapolis Maryland to watch son play in the Marching Band National competion at the Navel Academy Football stadium. I've now been to 2 service academy stadiums (Miche Stadium at West Point the other) and they are by far the cleanest stadiums I've ever been to. I can see in my mind Middies and Cadets in trouble having to clean them.

Saturday was a leaf day. Then to a place called the Colorado Cafe for country line dancing. Gotta admit it was much harder then I expected but fun. Very impressed by some of the dancers. You wouldn't think it that big in NJ but it was very crowded. Ist time I've been out till past midnight in many years.

Sunday was a massive leaf day.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Glenn

Getting the last of the outdoor stuff done in VT before the snow flies. Moved some leaf piles, moved the charcoal leftovers from the brushfire last weekend...and moved a whole bunch of firewood under the deck. It's a lot easier moving the firewood in the trailer behind the quad vs. the wheel barrow.

Had a blast @ vcunning's Saturday night. I handed my wife the keys. :lol: Every time Jeff and I have "a few beers" it turns into "Holy ____, we drank all that?" :lol:

midd

Friday we made a round trip to Annapolis Maryland to watch son play in the Marching Band National competion at the Navel Academy Football stadium. I've now been to 2 service academy stadiums (Miche Stadium at West Point the other) and they are by far the cleanest stadiums I've ever been to. I can see in my mind Middies and Cadets in trouble having to clean them.

Saturday was a leaf day. Then to a place called the Colorado Cafe for country line dancing. Gotta admit it was much harder then I expected but fun. Very impressed by some of the dancers. You wouldn't think it that big in NJ but it was very crowded. Ist time I've been out till past midnight in many years.

Sunday was a massive leaf day.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

interesting. I was in annapolis saturday as well and couldn't figure out what was going on in the stadium.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Got Battery???
Turned out to be the starter. I needed a new battery any ways, so I got one of those too. Probably just as well this happened when and where it did to get my butt in gear on replacing a five year old battery. Could have been -10 at the base of Jay... nearest tow truck 25 miles away and closed for the weekend! :lol:

Should be back on the road again tomorrow...