• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What Are These Things At Stratton?

Zermatt

IMG_1834.jpegIMG_1832.jpegAnybody know what these are? There is one at Sun Bowl and one at Mid Mountain. I’ve never seen them being used. Wrong answers only, obviously.

WoodCore

Used to be outdoor BBQ/Grills. Still use the one at mid-mtn to house the smoker for mountain smoke inside the mid lodge.

NYDB

They used the one at sunbowl as an outdoor bar for a bit during the 20-21 season because of covid.

I believe they only sold beer there

They had to shut it down because of public drunkenness and fighting.

Last edited:

ColdRain&Snow

Did they ever do hot waxes in the one at the sun bowl? I remember some outdoor ski services, but that goes back a ways. I think there was a place next to the goldola too.

BenedictGomez

It looks like a place that should sell hotdogs. They should totally have a mid-mountain hotdog hut, kids would absolutely love it. Problem is, hotdogs arent exactly Stratton clientele fare. Maybe they could serve it with Heinz ketchup caviar, dijon mustard, and white truffles.

deadheadskier

Staff member
It looks like a place that should sell hotdogs. They should totally have a mid-mountain hotdog hut, kids would absolutely love it. Problem is, hotdogs arent exactly Stratton clientele fare. Maybe they could serve it with Heinz ketchup caviar, dijon mustard, and white truffles.

During my meat slinging days, the company I worked for sold Duck Dogs and Boar Dogs for those washed up fancy folk

ghughes20

OMFG! Today at Stratton. It’s a bar and it’s open!
The Bar in the Mid-Mountain lodge was packed at 10a this morning. Maybe they needed overflow bar space!!! Heavy powder, people need to self-medicate. Need more bar space!!